Quantcast

• Do you own an ATV, UTV or SxS? Join our Community Forum!

QUADCRAZY ATV Community and Forum are FREE to join! We keep our ATV, UTV, and SxS forums clean and user friendly. All first time posters in our forums will have to wait to have their content reviewed and approved. Once your first ten posts are approved, you will no longer need to go through a forum post approval process. To bypass the approval process with immediate access and a NO ADS experience in our ATV, SxS, and UTV forums, consider subsribing to a Premium Membership

Suddenly I stopped...

A couple of weeks ago, my wife and I were running the logging roads on our land up North and decided one more run for the day before washing the rides down and heading home.

The day was sunny, warm with temps in the mid 70s. I'm in the lead and my wife was following on her quad a bit of a distance behind me.

The grass had grown tall over the few weeks since we were out there. We're riding a leisurely 10mph at most, enjoying the sunshine that filtered through the trees and seeing the deer and other wildlife.

Low and behold, there before me where none existed before was a big puddle. I semi stood up to take it as it was too late to move around it. Dipped down, the quad stopped and I didn't.

I did a lovely forward flip off the front of the quad, landed on the other side of the puddle but still in the mud, on my back. I slowly took stock ... hands moved, head moves, legs and feet move... check, all good there.

For a moment i lay there wondering why the grass was blue. Oh yeah, that was the sky :cute:

My wife is calling to me, are you ok? Gathered my wits and told her yeah, doing ok here. Got up and looked back. There was the quad, still running, buried up to the top of the wheels in a mud hole that had not been there a few weeks ago.

Winched it out, took stock of any damage. The quad had a broken windshield, which was the extent of the damage.

As for me, I had mud just about everywhere, my eyes, ears and nose. Ended up with some scrapes and bruises, one looked suspiciously like a mirror :laugh:

Got back to the motorhome, and basically stripped down to boxers, grabbed the water hose and washed off the outter layer of mud. Took a lot of Qtips to clear out the outer ears I tell ya.

So, anyone have some good stories to share? I'm all (clean) ears.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Forum Topics

• By Suzukiquad
      Is there any good places or trails in North Eastern Kentucky to take kids that are just starting to ride? 
    • By Bobbywolf
      I am working on a basket case for a friend.  It is a 98 Big Bear (YFM350FWB).  It came with a parts machine which is a 96, which I am coming to find out is VERY different from his machine.

Anyway, first thing is first.  I checked compression, 150psi.  Valves are set correctly, and the engine is in time.  I cleaned the carb, and there was some junk in the passages.  It is a chinese carb, which I figured from the lack of markings or lettering altogether.

The bike runs.  It idles ok, but breaks up badly under acceleration.  Pulling a new spark plug shows it is running lean.  White strap, with no black whatsoever.  So I have the carb adjusted with the mixture screw out way too much (about 5 turns), and the diaphragm needle lifted to the top slot.  It is still not getting enough fuel (or too much air).  It backfires through the carb, and cannot get above idle without carrying on.  The carb boot is in good shape, so it isn't pulling any air there.  I did test this as well by spraying ether around the boot when running, looking for intake leaks.

Anything big I am missing here?  I am starting to believe that this chinese carb is the issue.  This quad came with the original carb, which I would like to rebuild and use, but the mixture screw is totally stuck, and stripped way down in its recess.  

Thanks for any assistance.
    • By dalton7545
      ive had an account for years.   cand dowload a manual tho   havent posted enought so here is a post
    • By p5200
      I'm assuming, it's alright to test the engine after adjusting valves without the rear axle installed? Can someone please verify this? I'm waiting on axle parts and wanting to get that done while waiting. Thanks! 🙂
    • By Werewolf
      My wheeler originally had a fuel leak.But on trying to start it no spark. Took front end off, when I try to start it I get one spark then nothing. Come back a while latter one spark,replaced coil and cdi box no help?
  • Similar Tagged Forum Content