Quantcast

Kymco Maxxer 450i aka AC 450 XC - Snorkeling

Wastedfun

Hello everyone. My first post as a new owner to my first atv. I have a 2012 Kymco Maxxer 450i, which as I have found, is basically an Arctic Cat 450 xc.

I just bought the atv and will be bringing it home from my cousins house, where i stored it after my first river test run, tomorrow. During my test run, I got it in about a foot to foot/half of water and got the belt soaked, and of course lost all power. I was able to fix it by popping off the cvt exhaust tube and revving the engine a bit, but this is a problem I need to fix...Before next weekend...I have a big river trip planned that will last the whole weekend.

So, the AC/Kymco sucks in water...and for the life of me I cant seem to find a good video or guide on how to snorkel it. Am I to assume everyone just goes at it blind and just figures it out as they go? I dont want to pay $200 for someones pre-packaged pvc tubing, but it would be nice to find something that covers this topic.

Tomorrow after work I will get a better idea of it once I have it in my garage. But I want to also know, do I have to snorkel the intake and exhaust vents? should I worry about the airbox as well? I actually have only seen the cvt exhaust vent so I dont know where the others are taking air from.

I would love to see some examples of people snorkeling their AC/Kymco atvs so I can kind of plan where I should run my tubing. And I want to try and avoid cutting into my plastics...if possible.

I also cant seem to find a replacement for the rubber hose that comes off the cvt, just encase I want to cut it and put it back to stock later to sell. Id like to see how much they cost first lol.

Aside from this main questions, any tips or tricks I should know about this model before I spend the weekend putting it through hell? Should I run premium fuel?

Yes, I am a noob to all this. I have ridden many ATVs, I have just never owned one. My cousin has like 7 or 8 of them so I have always been able to ride his. Now its time for me to learn lol.

Thank you!

Kymco (1).jpg

Kymco (5).jpg

Kymco (2).jpg

57d7734e3635c_Kymco(1).jpg.7765ab1377d1a7fae2473045cf36c386.jpg

57d7734e38e51_Kymco(5).jpg.467f02c7818a60f81898c9a31411b53e.jpg

57d7734e3b172_Kymco(2).jpg.b804ba6b4f7a585334b2d5cadd2cf131.jpg

Well I just ended up winging it and coming up with my own solution. I found that the intake for the cvt and airbox is already pretty high, so I didnt need to mess with those. But I did need to reroute the exit tube for the cvt. So I used a couple raidiator hoses and some fittings to make my own. It turned out pretty good. I cant want to test it out.

I made a video about it because I couldnt find anything else covering it and I would have loved to have some kind of video showing it. Anyways, [ame]

[/ame]

Maybe it will at least give someone a place to start in the future. Cheers.

• 5 months later...
  • 1 year later...