Guest aaroneastep

Rekluse Z-start Clutch

7 posts in this topic

Does anyone know anything on th z-start clutch? anyone got it?

i am thinking about putting on on my predator, but i was just wanting some feedback on how well they hold up.

thanks.

That really help out. Still not sure if i want to sink 600 bucks in one yet though.:)

Hello. I have one in my LTR-450 race quad. I race a full schedule in District 23 (Minnesota) +35 class. I won my class this year!!! I've been running it for two years now without even touching it. I haven't even done the recommended adjustments that they say are so important. I just works like heaven!!! I got it because I would get so tired towards the last laps of a race that I would usually end up stahling my quad and losing first place. I have not stahled my quad since putting this in. It is unbelievable. You just go flying in to the corners, jam on the brake, down shift and take off. No worrying about pulling in the clutch or killing it. And it's awesome on holeshots!! Everybody else has their quad pegged and dump the clutch, spinning the tires, I just sit there slightly above idle, when the gate starts to move I just nail it. The tires don't spin and I usually go into every first corner in first place. The owner of the place's name is Patrick, they are a great group of guys and their product is awesome. I'm upgrading this year to the Z-start Pro. Not for any reason other than I should probably do some maintenance on this one so might as well upgrade!!! Good luck.

My husband and I both race motocross - I bought him the Z-Start Pro series Rekluse last year for Christmas. Ordered it before it was even available for the YFZ450. He loved it.

I'd definitely go with the Z-Start Pro series if you are going to get one, and not want to do as much maintenance on it. I have heard horror stories on the regular Z-Start when maintenance wasn't done. But, also have heard stories like the previous poster too :-)

My husband just put the Z-Start Pro on his 450r...........he's loving it so far! And, if you're pretty mechanically inclined, you can put it in yourself...he did!!