Quantcast

Rekluse Z-start Clutch

Guest aaroneastep

Guest aaroneastep

Does anyone know anything on th z-start clutch? anyone got it?

i am thinking about putting on on my predator, but i was just wanting some feedback on how well they hold up.

• 1 year later...

Hello. I have one in my LTR-450 race quad. I race a full schedule in District 23 (Minnesota) +35 class. I won my class this year!!! I've been running it for two years now without even touching it. I haven't even done the recommended adjustments that they say are so important. I just works like heaven!!! I got it because I would get so tired towards the last laps of a race that I would usually end up stahling my quad and losing first place. I have not stahled my quad since putting this in. It is unbelievable. You just go flying in to the corners, jam on the brake, down shift and take off. No worrying about pulling in the clutch or killing it. And it's awesome on holeshots!! Everybody else has their quad pegged and dump the clutch, spinning the tires, I just sit there slightly above idle, when the gate starts to move I just nail it. The tires don't spin and I usually go into every first corner in first place. The owner of the place's name is Patrick, they are a great group of guys and their product is awesome. I'm upgrading this year to the Z-start Pro. Not for any reason other than I should probably do some maintenance on this one so might as well upgrade!!! Good luck.

My husband and I both race motocross - I bought him the Z-Start Pro series Rekluse last year for Christmas. Ordered it before it was even available for the YFZ450. He loved it.

I'd definitely go with the Z-Start Pro series if you are going to get one, and not want to do as much maintenance on it. I have heard horror stories on the regular Z-Start when maintenance wasn't done. But, also have heard stories like the previous poster too :-)

• 2 months later...

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Forum Topics

• By skittle021
      So I've got a Hisun 550 that I was doing some work on that required removing the CVT and it's housing. Upon attempting to reinstall the clutch, sheaves, etc, I found that the belt no longer fits - it's far too wide. None of the parts have been replaced, they're all OEM. Exactly the same parts as what I took off a few weeks ago.
      To be more specific, my belt is 1.25in wide, but the gap between the clutch and the primary sheave is only 7/8in wide. I'll include a few photos to explain.
      Has anyone ever experienced such a bizarre problem? Any help at all would be appreciated, I've been stuck on this for a month. I'm open to just about any suggestion.
      Photos: 

• By Charlesbrown
      I’m looking for a top end kit for a Yamaha. I would like to see how well the engine runs before spending $6-$7 hundred on oem. Niche has complete kits from $1-$2 hundred.  Anyone have experience with Niche or similar Chinese companies? 
    • By p5200
      The studs in the sprocket hub are stripped out. The hub is probably walloed out also. Probably will have to have a new sprocket hub. I doubt I have the ability nor the tools needed for this job. Thanks for all suggestions/opinions! 

20240225_155255.mp4   20240225_155255.mp4 20240225_155255.mp4 20240225_155255.mp4  
    • By opnea
      Where do yall ride at in South Florida other than the MX track on Krome Ave?
    • By skittle021
      So I've got a Hisun 550 (clone of a Yamaha Rhino 660) that I was doing some work on that required removing the CVT and it's housing. Upon attempting to reinstall the clutch, sheaves, etc, I found that the belt no longer fits - it's far too wide. None of the parts have been replaced, they're all OEM. Exactly the same parts as what I took off a few weeks ago.
      To be more specific, my belt is 1.25in wide, but the gap between the clutch and the primary sheave is only 7/8in wide. I'll include a few photos to explain.
      Has anyone ever experienced such a bizarre problem? Any help at all would be appreciated, I've been stuck on this for a month. I'm open to just about any suggestion.
      Photos: