Quantcast

What Hauls your Toys and Why????

Just out of Curiosity....What hauls your Toys.....

If you have Questions about Toyhaulers, Flat bed Trailers, Utility Trailers Etc, Etc, Etc,....Ask em.....If I or anyone else here doesnt know the Answer.....I will Find out for you....

If you have pictures of Trucks and Trailers you have owned in the past to haul your Toys post em up.....

I think its interesting what people do to get their Toys out to the play ground...

• Like 1

Several Yrs ago I built my First Hauler.....LMAO!!!!

I took a Vintage 1968 Caveman Cab Over....and a 1978 Stripped down 5th wheel Travel Trailer and Married them together.....

I had 100 Gal. of Gravity fed Fresh Water....75 Gal. of Gravity Fed Fuel,,Gen. Compartment,,Etc. Etc. Etc. I Hauled the Wifes quad up on the Deck and my trikes in the Rear.....When we were Camped we had a nice little Deck off the Back Door To hang out....

OldScud2.jpg

OldScud.jpg

348593A9527Ffp463Dot3E2323A3D3B3A43.jpg

348593A9527Ffp633Dot3E2323A3D3B3A43.jpg

348593A9527Ffp543Dot3E2323A3D3B3-3.jpg

348593A9527Ffp543Dot3E2323A3D3B3-2.jpg

348593A9527Ffp543Dot3E2323A3D3B3-1.jpg

• Like 1

Well we have a "02 Expedition, and a trailer and we can fit all 5 rides in it, (1-400ex, 2-250's, 1-110, and either 1 dirtbike or 1 90 or the other 110. I will try to get pictures on here soon. Oh and we have the normal things to bring too(chairs,gas,cooler,camping things,riding clothes and air compresser and battery charger).

trailer001.jpg

trailer003.jpg

trailer005.jpg

when we don't haul our toys

trailer006.jpg

trailer007.jpg

Mine fits perfect in my Ranger. Get a ramp first of all. Ride up until your front wheels hit the wheel wells. Put it in neutral hold your front brake. Get off and climb to the front of the quad. Grab your bumper and release the brake. Pull it the rest of the way in. That's how I do it in the ranger. In the F150 you can just ride right in.

LOL you make it sound so easy stoopid..I spent like 45 minutes trying to do that the first time i loaded it..I was sweating bullets in like 95 degree weather....Thats when im like ..F IT and nailed it up rode over the wheel wells and slammed on the breaks..the truck was bobbing back and forth for like 20 seconds..and i am not doing that again lol..

And i believe from wheel well to wheel well its about 42 ish inches..with line-x..the overall width of bed is like 47 itches..but the freakin wheel wells screw me over..

And to mwke, I can push it up the ramps fine..then the front tires hit the wheel wells and turn and then its hell from there..are you saying push it in from the back of the quad in first? I still dont think itd fit..

Also..riding it up is damn hard..it ALWAYS stalls and dies when i try to go up..i can only nail it up to keep it from dying<-Shuld i be riding the clutch in first to get it up the ramps?

And to mwke, I can push it up the ramps fine..then the front tires hit the wheel wells and turn and then its hell from there..are you saying push it in from the back of the quad in first? I still dont think itd fit..

What I was sayin was.....Roll it in there Backwards.....But before you do.....Reverse the Rear Rims......

That offset will give you less overall Width in the rear and might Clear the Wells:wink:

What I was sayin was.....Roll it in there Backwards.....But before you do.....Reverse the Rear Rims......

That offset will give you less overall Width in the rear and might Clear the Wells:wink:

Eh, but i dont want them to be like that all the time so i'd have to take em off..put em on..take em off put em on etc..and ..wheel well = 42 inches..trx = 46? ..would i really lose 4 inches by switching rims

And to stoopid, I'll try wut u said next time. My parents said when they picked it up (I wasnt with em) the guy at the dealer rode it up the ramp..stalled it right in the middle (lol) and hit the break started it back up and rode it the rest of the way

My offset is stock lol..I think thats 3+2 right? And can u flip the rims without any modifications ? Just to flip em to transport.. Or i guess i gotta get abigger truck "Mom..Dad..my four wheeler dont fit in the truck buy me a bigger one" lol

I was thinkin when i eventually get the spair cash..(..would be a while since im paying for the quad) I'd buy a little trailer just for the size of my four wheeler..or maybe 2 for a friends or something..would look stupid pulling a trailer and a quad with a truck ..but itd be so much easier and faster

And can u flip the rims without any modifications ? Just to flip em to transport..

Yes,,,,,Just unbolt them and Flip em around.....That should Suck them in.....Just take a Tape measure and measure em....Just measure the outside of the Rim...That will tell you how much Narrower you will be with them Flipped...

And Yes.....Just to transport....My Buddies just put two nuts on them to roll it in and out.....

I have a 5X10 trailer and was putting two on the trailer and one in the truck when I had the Dodge Ram 1500 but now I have a new Jeep Wrangler Unlimited I am thinking about modifying my trailer to fit three on it. I may just get a new trailer but I like the challenge of making my existing trailer work too.

This is what hauls my toys when we go riding NOW.... a 2005 29 ft Sierra Sport 5th wheel

SamoaSandDunesTrip007.jpg

With another utility trailer behind it when we had the Odyssey and the golf cart.

WHY? Because it fits 2 full sized quads and 2 little quads, 2 large dog crates, one smaller dog crate, riding gear for 4 (or more) and sleeps 10! (probably 8 would be better)

We used to have a 1986 28 ft Alfa Toy House 5th wheel we pulled a boat trailer behind with 4 waverunners and a jet ski on it. ( It handled 1 little quad, the Odyssey OR golf cart, and 2-3 dirtbikes along with 2 large dog crates no problem) and only slept 4 comfortably unless we added a queen air mattress in the back.

(sorry, don't have THAT pic on the computer..).. :no:

• Like 1

Lovin the picture of the Quad Townin the Trailer!!!!!!

Nice stuff Everyone.......Gotta love what people do to haul their Toys......

Hey Newacrider.....How did the Tag Trailer Tow????? Did it "WAG THE DOG" or could you even tell.....????? Im kicken around that same Idea......I realy want a Freakin SIDE BY SIDE but no Bueno on the room with the Shorty Trailer I have now....Smaller than yours by 3':aargh:

Here is Our New set up we bought last June.......08 KZ Sportsman Sportster.....

IMG_5751.jpg

Love the floor plan.....Hate that I gave up 8 Feet!!!

• Like 1

Hey Newacrider.....How did the Tag Trailer Tow????? Did it "WAG THE DOG" or could you even tell.....????? Im kicken around that same Idea......I realy want a Freakin SIDE BY SIDE but no Bueno on the room with the Shorty Trailer I have now....Smaller than yours by 3':aargh:

I didn't drive it, just rode along... didn't seem to have any trouble stayin' where it was supposed to. The only hard part is backing! LOL pulling the BOAT trailer back there, now that was a little scary (but didn't wag) and seriously sucked fuel! (it was about the same length as the 5th wheel)

:frown: I try to talk the DH out of hauling 2 trailers every time, sometimes I win, sometimes I lose.. :wink: I'd rather drive a second tow vehicle myself. Or it just doesn't seem safe.

I just hate not being able to see the Trailer back there....I dont have a Problem Driving Doubles....Ive Done it with Big Rigs...But I can See the Second one back there....Ive driven behind some people that were Hauling trailers behind their 5'ers and they were Waggin,,,,Not Violently but they were waggin.....My other Concern would be the Weight taken off the Kingpin by having a Trailer Tagged back there..........But I think it will be ok....One of these days I will Go for it...:biggrin:

Man!!!!! Had to Go into the Archives to find some more pictures......These are of my last Hauler after we remodeled the inside.....Gotta love Diamond Plate.....We gutted the inside....Replaced the paneling,,,Added Diamond plate...Reupholstered the Couches and the Valences..,,,Removed all the windows and resealed them along with the Roof....New Awning ETC. ETC.......

HPIM3017.jpg

HPIM3018a.jpg

HPIM3024.jpg

Loaded and Ready to twist!!!!

HPIM3023.jpg