AC400TX

14 Inch Wheels on a 400?

12 posts in this topic

I want to get some new wheels for my 08 Arctic Cat 400.

I'm leaning toward the 14" ITP SS212's wrapped in either 27" Interco SwampLites or 26" Maxxis Zillas.

My question is, are 14" wheels with either 26" or 27" tires too heavy for a 400cc?

Will I have decreased throttle response, speed, etc with 14's?

Would I be better off going with the 12" SS212's?

The stockers are 12" with 25" tires.

Thanks for any info...

the 14 inch is alot of wheel for a 400.. i'm sure its possible but your going to loose alot of power..i wouldn't go more then an inch or two over stock on the tires.. the wheels i would stay with the stock size and inch bigger at the most..

i dont think you should go with the 14" rims to much weight... u could go with ITPs mudlite tires i got those on my cat which is also a 400 and didnt loose any power.... did you do any mods to ur engine or transmission?

i dont think you should go with the 14" rims to much weight... u could go with ITPs mudlite tires i got those on my cat which is also a 400 and didnt loose any power.... did you do any mods to ur engine or transmission?

Nope, no engine or tranny mods yet.

This is my first ATV, and wheels and tires seemed like a good place to start.

Thanks...

yea it defiantly is a good place to start..... i would go with 12 inch rims on 27 inch tires would probably be the best combo

I decided on the 14" SS212 wheels with 26" Zillas.

This combo is only 15 pounds heavier the 12" wheel with 26" Zillas, lighter than 26" Swamp Lites on 12" wheels, and only 5 pounds heavier than 26" Mud Lites on 12" wheels.