micorps

GPR Dampeners

3 posts in this topic

Hey you all I just thought I would share my nightmare with GPR.

1) It took me 3 months to finally receive after multiple back orders

2) When i received it, the very first sentence in the install instructions was, may need to buy a new steering stem. (Not indicated when buying)

Sure enough, my nice chrome Lonestar Racing steering stem only has a spread of 2 and half inches. The GPR requires a 4 inch spread. So after a long discussion by my neighbor (owns a shop i orer parts through) with the distributor, they would not take the $500 GPR back. So now i have to buy a new Roll Design Steering stem just so i can use the GPR. Also anyone with a banshee, there will be a nice lsr steering stem for sale in the next month.

Freakin Quads:D

So you need a new Stem??? Sorry,,,,Im Quad Challenged.....Is the part you need something that can be made....I have a Guy that can make anything Round for your Bike....He does all my Custom stuff.....He just needs something to Go by....Old Part or Specs like, Thread Pitch, Length, Diameter Etc......Let me know...:cool:

I asked GPR if they made a adapter plate where the steering stem can bolt onto along with the GPR. Only problem would be ensuring the plated is thin enough for the bolts. On top of that something stainless or billet so it wont rust. My neighbor submitted paperwork to roll design for dealership so i will get the new one at about 50% of cost. So I will just do that I think to ensure everything goes flawless and just sell the old one that is still practically brand new. Thank you for the offer! Tim