outlander560

dynojet

3 posts in this topic

is a dyno jet hard to install???is their anything i should check after installation, like spark plug, any noises,etc.. is their anything else that i forgot to list??? do i need to modify or do anything else to it??? and is their a noticeable power difference??? please any help would be appreciated...

I installed a Dynojet in my Arctic Cat DVX400.I thought they included some pretty good instructions and it came with about 13 different main jet sizes,new needle,and a couple other minor peices.I live in an area that's about 750 ft above sea level and their kit instructions were designed for sea level to about 1000-1500' above.I bought some drill bit stops at Harbor Freight because I had to remove the plug over the fuel adjustment screw.This isn't a neccessary item but it gave me peice of mind I wouldn't drill too deep.I can't say about the power increase because I had just installed a full system exhaust and did an high flow intake&filter change at the same time.My headpipe was turning orange hot just at idle so I didn't ride it for fear I'd burn it up.I can say it has more power;especially in the low range and to my surprise it gets alot better fuel economy after the changes too.Now if only I could find a rejet kit for my 250X I'd be tickled.Hope this helps...