Sparrows

REpainting fenders

28 posts in this topic

My old rear fender had a large crack on it, whoever had it before me wire tied it, lol i bought a used fender has some scratches on it, im sanding it a bit with i think 800 grit. should i wet sand aswell? whats the best paint for plastic? should i primer?

so what i did is, wet sanded with 1000 grit, primer with some white junk that looks like snow, then wet sanded again, painted with kyrlon, looks good but will do anbother coat, just wanted it to look half decent!:)

I agree with Bot about the clear coat...or its gonna have a dull finish and not really look like plastics do.

I would just order new plastics they are not that much

They are a heck of a lot more than a few cans of paint and some sand paper.

They are a heck of a lot more than a few cans of paint and some sand paper.

I agree that it cost more, but in the long run he will be more statisfied with it.

ive bought enough stuff for my quad already im not going for best in show. it looks fine now, but i may get some clear coat. then i'd have to redo the front fender haha.

ive bought enough stuff for my quad already im not going for best in show. it looks fine now, but i may get some clear coat. then i'd have to redo the front fender haha.

If you put a few coats of clear on it, when you scratch them it scratches the clear coat not the paint.

If you put a few coats of clear on it, when you scratch them it scratches the clear coat not the paint.

good idea.

If you take a chunk out of the fender then yeah. When I painted my old bike, we put about 5 coats of clear. I scratched the clear plenty but I never scratched the paint.

for a added touch spray some glow in the dark paint on it, looks cool at knight:yes:

hahah i never ride at night its a shame. or else iw ould hey can you make it to haspin sunday?

also...getting new plastics look great for the first couple of rides....once you run into a tree or flip or something you're back to the beginning iwth scratched plastics...I like the painting idea...

wtg fellow mods :) :)