Body sand

6 posts in this topic

Ok, I am fairley new to quads, but have been around mini-bikes and motorcycles for 30+ years. What is the deal with sanding all the plastic body parts??? Two of the quads that I bought used, the p.o. has taken sand paper and sanded all the plastic :aargh:. Was this done to cover bad scratches? The plastic is not cracked, just sanded. Sure makes it tough to keep clean, Every thing wants to stick to it, mud, dirt, grease. I have sprayed the entire quad with ArmorAll, but this is a short term thing as it only lasts the first mud hole.

So, can some one tell me why this was done? Inquiring minds want to know!!

Head up the rear would be my first guess. Good news is replacement plastic for Polaris quads are cheep compared to others.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• By WCRTeam
      Crazy Atv 2014 Edit part 1 Quarry sand
      Plz if you like the video Sub, like and comment on youtube.
      enjoy the movie
    • By quadnut20
      Went up to our local Dunes for some fun !
      Started off by gettin stuck

My buddies 778 Raptor

My buddy figured out this trail goes nowhere and with the sand super fine he couldn`t get out LOL

• By skydivinwoo
      The Bako Sand Drags are coming up again in April. We will be having test & tune on Thursday April 4, 2013. Racing will be on Friday the 5th through Sunday the 7th. We will have heads-up classes, bracket racing, UTV class and kids classes along with Jr. Dragsters in the kids classes. If you need any information or would like a registration form please email us or follow us on facebook.
      We had over 198 entries last year and are looking forward to another great year. We will also be having the Saturday Night Hammer Down special race. The fastest pass during that race will win $1000 sponsored by Hammer Down and Thumper Racing.
      The races are held during the Central Valley Sportsmen's Boat, RV and Outdoor Living Show.There will be plenty for the family and kids to do while you are out racing. Come check it out.
    • By Earthmover
      Hi I'm thinking of installing a body lift kit on my 02 F-250. Can any one tell me if there is any hidden costs involved for instance, do I need to extend my brake lines, steering collum transmission linkages or wiring
      It's Our Annual Trip Time Again!!! Leaving NY/NJ Area. Visit www.QuadTrips.com for all info. Shipping round trip for roughly $600 per Quad, $400 per Bike, Price includes Shipping and Security until you pick up and drop off your bike again. More Info Below:
      I'm planning our Annual East Coast Trip to the Imperial Sand Dunes in Glamis, California. Please let me know if anyone would like to join us. Feb. 2013 is now being booked. We have 10 Spots left on the 1st Truck. The dates for this years Trip are Feb. 11th - Feb. 19th 2013
      For more info just PM me or visit GlamisTrips.com | Providing Low Cost trips for Riders on the East Coast since 1999
      I Hope to get a bunch of guys from here going as you know I have been doing this for many years and am super knowledgeable about the dunes. Feel free to ask anything. There are no stupid questions. Pricing is $600 per Quad / $400 per Bike for the shipping round trip. Shipping is what we provide.
      Airfare you have to figure on $300 and then a motor home between 3 guys is about $400 each. After that you have spending money beer food etc. You have to figure on $1800 or so total. We stay for 8-9 days of riding. - JT
      Preview of Trip and last years videos are at QuadStateRiders.com / QuadTrips.com / GlamisTrips.com - YouTube Some of the members from here are on the vids that went with us last year