Alaskasunrise

Any disabled riders out there?

8 posts in this topic

As a disabled rider, i was wondering if there is anyone else that hasn't let a disability stop them. Do you ride with someone who is disabled? What do you ride and what modifications were done to the ATV? What reaction do you get out on the trails?

For me, I ride a Grizzly 700 EPS. I am missing my right leg and I modified the right foot brake so that I can still put pressure on it to shift the transmission lever. I also wear a special "leg" just for riding. I still don't do anything too wild, but I am getting more confident on my machine.

Hi Alaskasunrise.

Around Christmas 2008 I was at some gathering with 4 wheelers in a place called Rudskogen in Norway. I took some pictures over there, and when I got back home something was missing on one picture. After a while I figured out what it was. Rider in this picture is missing right arm. On my original picture, I can zoom in where thumb throttle is. It’s not there. I guess it’s on left side. That person was riding all day together with all of us (80-90 riders).

Good to hear your disabled don’t stop you from riding

disabeld.jpg

Runar.

This is Ben Brown, he is paralyzed from the waste down and still does his thing. Keep it up Alaskasunrise!

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pk_QqGDyJSk]YouTube - Ben Brown A.T.V comp.[/ame]

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LqfgveF1LTU&feature=related]YouTube - Ben Brown A.T.V comp. 2[/ame]

well im not disabled but I do have a medical condition thats called burgers desease its from smoking cigs all my life the nicotine from the cig cuts the blood flow to my fingertips and toes it gets pretty bad at times this is a pic of what happens durring the cold weather seasons i cant be outside for more than 5 min. so my riding is cut down but i still ride buergers.jpg

and for all you ppl out there keep up the good work never let anything like a disability come between you and the things you love and love to do .... High 5

Edited by shadow

Caught you double posting again Bot, you silly goose. You almost got away with that one for a whole year.

Edited by DirtDemon

My son is disabled, he will most likely never be able to ride himself, but I have been thinking about a UTV for my wife, then we can take him along. I don't know if I will be able to get him to keep a helmet on though, I can't even get him to wear a hat. In fact, he doesn't let me wear them either, he insists on taking them off for me.

Yeah I ride because I can't walk very far. I was diagnosed with Multiple Sclerosis over 20 years ago. Now at 52 riding my ATV enables me to get outdoors and an excuse to travel to the Badlands in Indiana and St Joe state park in Missouri.

Scott aka Deadmanwalking

Ride on brother, if you ask me riding is better than walking anyway. Good that you have things to enjoy that M.S. can't take away from you.