khelmuth

Yzf450

11 posts in this topic

Hey everyone, I have a 04 YFZ450, im considering putting a kick start on it, and maybe changing my thumb throttle out. I have a banshee I really like riding, but I like the feel of the 450, so instead of riding two I want to maybe modify the 450, anyway enough rambling, anybody have any input on this?

Edited by khelmuth

A kickstarter is never a bad idea, as a replacement or a backup. You will never get stranded by a dead battery. As far as replacing the thumb throttle, that is a matter of what you feel most comfortable with.

Im definately going to do the kickstart! Now just to find the time to do it....lol im still on the fence about the throttle, but what I do know is that I dont have invincible thumbs so they will come into play in my decision making.

You have to be comfortable riding or it doesn't make riding a long time enjoyable.

Your totally right and thats why I want to do it, to make it more comfortable for me!

They also make thumb throttle extensions which make them more of a palm throttle. I have the twist throttle on my TRX 250R and its fun but I also find myself giving it way to much gas on accident every time i turn right or lean back. It makes for some crazy cool looking tricks but I guarantee you none of them are on purpose LOL

Check this out

atvthumbextension.jpg

Good call, i might try that first before i go switching the whole thing out! I bought a cheap little adapter thats supposed to be universal and it just screws on, but it didnt fit, so ill have to try again!

Put a honda 400ex/300ex/250ex or 04/05 450r thumb throttle on ur yfz, the push is lighter :)