caf26

1988 yamaha 350 warrior -Help-

10 posts in this topic

I have a yamaha warrior i went to change my oil and found metal shavings in my oil filter and in my oil could someone give me an idea what maybe going wrong because it runs fine thanks. :aargh:

Welcome to QUADCRAZY! It's normal to get some metalization in the oil from normal wear. Was it allot of metal shavings?

Could be your piston, ring, or cylinder wall wearing down. If it's allot of shavings, I would be concerned, but there is little you can do about it. Maybe add an oil additive and just ride it. Eventually you may need a lower half rebuild. :frown:

i agree...how mechanical are you? do you do most of your own stuff or take it to the shop? and, how long have you had it....do you know the history of how it was maintained if you haven't had it long?

Maybe you need to change your oil more frequently. Keep an ear open and listen for bad sounds, unless you start hearing some, ride that thing like it owes you money. Oh, and use your clutch.

BB: done :)
Thank you so very much Wheeler!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:wink:

I am not very Mechanical when it comes to Inside the motor parts, i would take to the shop. I have had it about a year and do not know nothing about the machine history.

Also i think it is called the pick-up coil or that magnetic thing in with the stator i found what looked to be pieces of a very small spring stuck to it.

It could be pieces to your connect rod bearing(the housing). Once it starts coming apart you get lots of bits and your engine still runs OK(for a while), the oil level is fine, etc. I don't know an easy way to check it.