fastf3

wheel spacers??

14 posts in this topic

What do anybody think about putting wheel spacers on my kingquad 700????

I've seen two kinds: just changing the bolts or the real spacer block....

Not looking for alot just probable looking at 1 1/2 each side..

let me know guys!!!!

thanks..

I use the extended lugs on a Yamaha Rhino. 1.5" They are awesome, adds so much stability.

def agree with bot.. ur stance will get bigger and u will have much more stability

I don't recommend wheel spacers on the 700 King Quad because of weak arms on the rear suspension. Mainly the first 2 years of the King Quad. Will put extra stress on the ball joints also.

kinda late reply, but i would never run wheel spacers. they give a helluva lot of bumpsteer.

but if you want to sacrifice handling for a wider quad, then its good i guess.

im also scared to use wheel spacers. i just dont trust them.

Your spindles will break off before the spacers fail. A way around the bump steer is to just put them on the rear. A stance in the back will keep the center of gravity nice and low. Bump steer is easily resolved by a steering stabilizer.

Wouldn't recommend them on ANY quad! Esp. on a ute, The wrong leverage like stated above will add way more stess on ur CV, and ball joints causing a fail. This doesnt mean jumping it either just coming fast down a hill to a flat ground, where ur suspension collapses, would rip ur cv knuckles right apart

Wouldn't recommend them on ANY quad! Esp. on a ute, The wrong leverage like stated above will add way more stess on ur CV, and ball joints causing a fail. This doesnt mean jumping it either just coming fast down a hill to a flat ground, where ur suspension collapses, would rip ur cv knuckles right apart

No they won't. If you are running 3" spacers on each side maybe. I run them on our 1200lbs Rhino with no issues. I know people that race GNCC in the UTV class with spacers, they jump all day long in their rhino. Never a bent spindle, bent lug, or busted axles, or as you say ripped knuckles.

The info you gave is false.

Have an 03 Yammi Griz, Had spacers, broke CV knuckles all the time, Took them out and now its fine, just going on personal experience..easy tiger

I recently put some on my Honda Recon 250, which is no where near the beast yours is, but I love mine. It is way less tippy and had a better stance. I do not jump or tear it up to much so maybe that's why mine are working so well. I use my machine mostly for offroading going to and from deer stands as well as plowing snow.

Never used them,,,,,Never needed them,,,,,Never would want them,,,,,I think they are for people that need a False Sense of Security:yes::laugh:

,,,,,I think they are for people that need a False Sense of Security:yes::laugh:

3/4" spacers on the back of each wheel on the rhino made the difference of the rhino flipping on fast turns or sliding and hugging the corner. I can't believe the difference in stability it added to the Rhino.

I added 1" spacers all the way around on my 07 Grizzly 700. It was the single best thing I did on that machine. Handling and stability were greatly improved. I put over 2300 hard miles on that machine, 2000 with spacers and never had an issue. If I bought another Grizz it would be the first thing I put on the machine.

I`m fixxin to try some out for the first time at the Dunes :confused:Hope it work out :yes:The wife will kill me when she finds out I bought some !!!:laugh: