dirtdevil96

A little help with handlebars please

4 posts in this topic

I'm needing some new handlebars since I rolled my 2007 DVX/LTZ400 last December.I was hoping I could get some good ideas/info from others who's bought aftermarket bars.I'm 6 feet tall and the factory bars have always felt too low.From what I've read the factory bars are the CR Hi bend;is that true?What real benefits do the oversized 1 1/8" bars give?Which has a better vibration dampening effect;steel or aluminum?Do the antivibe steering stems really do much compared to stock?Would I be better off getting a steering damper and leaving the stock stem alone?I do all types of riding;everything from woods/trail to sand dune&mud running.I've been using some padded palm gloves to reduce the vibe it has already.Thanks in advance

Try a stick style stabilizer. Streamline makes the one I use. Makes a WORLD of difference and it is a cheap easy to install fix.

Streamline Billetanium Stabilizer - Bars & Controls Online at MotoSport

The problem with the real strong aftermarket bars(even though I run them) is if you take a bad roll, something has to bend and it usually the stem which is next in line. There is an adapter that you connect to your existing bar claps. It then allows you to run the oversized bars, which do help with the vibration. The clamp actually raises your bars almost on inch.

if youre going the stick stabilizer route also, the one Bot gave you the link for has a rebuildable model, make sure you get that one so you can get a longer life out :)

Update-I ended up getting a set of Renthal standard size(7/8") oem bend handlebars and some Smith Optics brand grips from a local dealer.It feels different from stock;but I'm still not 100% comfy.I'm really thinkin about trying the Rox riser.Here's a link ATV Handlebar Risers I also recently got a new front bumper,cooler rack,nerf bars,steering stabilizer(Streamline-thanks 'Bot),hour meter,and tether kill switch.I also finally got a new digital camera so I'll be able to get some pics up soon I hope.I almost forgot-if anyone is needing/wanting new handlebars;Renthal has a deal goin on if you order/purchase new Renthal bars(fat or skinny) by August 1st and go on their website you get a pair of limited edition bar pads FREE

Edited by dirtdevil96
forgot something