Quantcast

A little help with handlebars please

I'm needing some new handlebars since I rolled my 2007 DVX/LTZ400 last December.I was hoping I could get some good ideas/info from others who's bought aftermarket bars.I'm 6 feet tall and the factory bars have always felt too low.From what I've read the factory bars are the CR Hi bend;is that true?What real benefits do the oversized 1 1/8" bars give?Which has a better vibration dampening effect;steel or aluminum?Do the antivibe steering stems really do much compared to stock?Would I be better off getting a steering damper and leaving the stock stem alone?I do all types of riding;everything from woods/trail to sand dune&mud running.I've been using some padded palm gloves to reduce the vibe it has already.Thanks in advance

Try a stick style stabilizer. Streamline makes the one I use. Makes a WORLD of difference and it is a cheap easy to install fix.

Streamline Billetanium Stabilizer - Bars & Controls Online at MotoSport

The problem with the real strong aftermarket bars(even though I run them) is if you take a bad roll, something has to bend and it usually the stem which is next in line. There is an adapter that you connect to your existing bar claps. It then allows you to run the oversized bars, which do help with the vibration. The clamp actually raises your bars almost on inch.

• 4 weeks later...

Update-I ended up getting a set of Renthal standard size(7/8") oem bend handlebars and some Smith Optics brand grips from a local dealer.It feels different from stock;but I'm still not 100% comfy.I'm really thinkin about trying the Rox riser.Here's a link ATV Handlebar Risers I also recently got a new front bumper,cooler rack,nerf bars,steering stabilizer(Streamline-thanks 'Bot),hour meter,and tether kill switch.I also finally got a new digital camera so I'll be able to get some pics up soon I hope.I almost forgot-if anyone is needing/wanting new handlebars;Renthal has a deal goin on if you order/purchase new Renthal bars(fat or skinny) by August 1st and go on their website you get a pair of limited edition bar pads FREE

Edited by dirtdevil96
forgot something

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Forum Topics

• By Gwbarm
      I Ran across this video today comparing an aftermarket to OEM Carb on Suzuki Vinson, thought it might generate some interest, it is quite long but informative.

• By Gwbarm
      I have been exploring all the options available, so many, its hard to choose. I have kind of narrowed it down to the Honda Pilot, Subaru Outback, and Kind of looking at the Outlander, although its a little small,  the new one is nice looking. Just wondering if anyone has any recommendations or gripes with any of these rides. I have driven Jeeps for the past 25  years and they have been great, but their price point has gotten to high. Expieriences good or bad would be helpful. Thanks!
    • By DrtyGrlKristin
      Just thought I'd start a new thread for newbies to the site!
      If you're new here, tell us who you are, where you're from and what you ride!!!
      Lets get to know each other a little better shall we?
      I'm not new to the site, obviously, but...
      I'm Kristin from Denver!!! I ride a 2008 Yamaha Rhino. She's my muddy baby!!!!!! Several aftermarket parts on her. She's good to me! We try and ride every weekend. This weekend we're off to MOAB! :woot:
    • By DarkRider
      This is something I'm extremely curious about. Has anyone ever attempted to buy a quad (or any other vehicle) from an impound lot? I've always wondered if this could be a bargain, or a waste of time. Google searches do turn up some helpful results. Looks like the state of NJ holds auctions online which I'd be a bit hesitant about.

My online searches haven't really turned up any results of anyone buying an ATV this way. I'd be really curious if anyone tried this, or knows someone who has. I've actually found a couple pages with online auctions for my state, but none had ATVs.
    • By BuckBilly
      Good morning to all !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
      Let's see if we can make this a daily event.