23 posts in this topic

I know that different companies measure they're quads at different places and therefore the ground clearences can be quite different. Does the outlaw 525 have the same/simular ground clearence to the 400? I need something with the ground clearence of the 400, but a little more guns. thanks!

Yes, the 525 straight axle model is about the same, the 525 IRS model has a lot more.

Should this be moved to the this vs. that section, because of comparisons?

Edited by BuckBilly
Can't spell.

Yep, sorry Mr. BB sir. It won't happen again...Toby's sorry!

kids-spanking.jpg

Don't let it happen again Bot!:laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

Those 525's scoot pretty good, a friend of mine has the IRS version and it is suprisingly fast considering how heavy it is. I'm sure the solid axle version is a beast.

we'd be looking for one around dec or jan and my dad wants to get a scrambler or mabey wolverine and if i can get a hold of a outlaw 500 or 525 then we'll sell the 400.

The Wolverine is a great machine. Handles like a sport quad/likes to be rode like one but it has the 4x4 so it opens up trails that sport quads would really struggle.

wait, how would the predator 500 ground clearence compare to the outlaw's? That could be an option if it was a newer one.

It would be similar to the Outlaw S, nothing is going to have as much ground clearance as an IRS machine. I would strongly recommend the Outlaw 525 over the 500, there is a huge difference in power. Not that the 500 is a bad machine, it still has an incredible ride and handles well, but the KTM motor in the 525 is alot stronger.

ok, I'm not gonna get a IRS before I test ride one first. I like how easy turning is on the straight axle.

I prefer the straight axle myself for the same reason, the IRS machines don't slide as well. I would definately try it before you buy it. They aren't for everyone, but if ground clearance is a big deal to you and you want an atv with a smooth comfy ride, then you may like the IRS.

It's a gay video but 25 seconds into the video you will see how easy it is to slide IRS.

[ame]

[/ame]

I'm not saying they don't slide well, I'm just saying they don't do it as well as a solid axle machine, especially at higher speeds. The fully independent suspension allows the chassis to roll more, making it more prone to catch a tire and tip over. I have ridden them and I can confirm that they are slidable, but it gets a little sketchy if the rear tires aren't spinning fast enough, more so than on a solid axle machine.

Definately, they are great machines and have several strengths over solid axle machines, but like you said, they need to be ridden differently in certain situations.

the polaris is a pretty mean quad compaired to the 400 ... ride 1 and see what you think ... its a really big difference ...