TPbandit

84 250r

4 posts in this topic

I found a project 84 250r. Frame has been powder coated, and the motor has been rebuilt to a 330cc, and the rest of the parts are in boxes. Only thing it needs is front forks which i have a nice set laying in the garage. The guy wants $350. Was wondering how well the 330 big bore would hold up on the air cooled motor?? If i were to buy this project trike, id be basically be paying for the engine overhaul. thanks

Congrats on the new bike. I'm asuming that it would run hotter, but how much and if it can handle it..not sure. Maybe MWKE will answer this thread, he may have some answers for you.

Havent looked at it yet, but thinkin of buying it. Hell of a steal anyways. Its a couple hour drive away.

:wink:Have you looked at this yet????? I say go for it....I have never owned one of those kits and have never ridden....Well I take that back,,,,I have ridden with someone that had the 330,,,He didnt have it dialed in when I was there but after that Reports said that it Screamed......The "Kit" itself is worth more than the whole bike.....SO BUY IT:wink:

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• By Poorboy04
      Just letting everyone know that I put my westcoast swing arm for sale on eBay if anyone is interested just search westcoast swing arm it's for a 1985 or 1986 atc 250r it's 2 inches longer
    • By Stoopidbot1
      These are some 100% custom graphics and numbers we made for a TRX250R. We have a template for that quad, if anyone knows someone who wants custom graphics for their 250R, let me know.
      We are currently making templates for other quads too.

• By tyler250rrocks
      ok heres the prob the bike had some cash put in to in b4 i got it. well the firts prob when i got it. the pickup coil went out in it. then had the rong plug in it it needed an k an n. got those probs. runs good but but crab. it has a newer topend, pipe, and over sized carb. dosnt say if it was ported. so on dirt runs good but can not make it wheelie onlly a lil if i rev it and drop it but from sit still i can not pop it up. can on a stock blaster and banshee but not this bike. and then i was at the dunes. i couldnt rev and take of in second gear. like you can on any bike. so what dos this mean
      PLEASE HELP:aargh:
    • By tyler250rrocks
      what did you like about the 250rs. id like to know what you guys think about them
    • By TPbandit
      Yeah, just purchased a 86 atc 250r off ebay. All original. Got it for $1,325. Think it was a real good purchase. It is in my home town, so there is no travel at all to pick it up. Ill pry toss an extended swing arm on her. Other wise no big plans for mods. It has a new top end with an 1 hour on it.