zx6r

2000 Honda 400ex Oil Drain Plug and Refill?

4 posts in this topic

I just got my 00 400ex and I want to change the oil in it just to be on the safe side.. I found that there is 2 drain plugs one on the motor and one on the oil tank... But I can't figure out how to refill them? Is there 2 fill holes?

To change the oil:

Losen the 10 mm bolt on the right side of the crankcase. (oil should flow from that hole)

Add oil to the engine through the dipstick/oil filler hole as needed.

* Changed your thread title to better describe this topic.

I just got my 00 400ex and I want to change the oil in it just to be on the safe side.. I found that there is 2 drain plugs one on the motor and one on the oil tank... But I can't figure out how to refill them? Is there 2 fill holes?

theres only one drain at the bottom of motor and only filler located at the top of the tank fill slowly it holds ruffly a quart and 3/4.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• By crazynordlander
      Hi All,
      Has anyone found engine oil in their air filter box. The must be little or no baffle between crankcase ventilation and that hose that attaches to the air filter box.
      I went to pick up my ATV today 60 miles away that they could not fix the jerky low speeds on and before I loaded it decided to check on this. Sure enough there was a good coating of oil with some pooling in the bottom of the air filter box. The air filter has oil on it too but is it a dry element or oiled element type. My guess from the color of it dry.
      I heard on a comment on my YT videos that there is a kit for this issue? Is this a CFMOTO fix?
      Thanks
      Kevin
    • By bradleyheathhays
      Here's what just came out of the old '11 700 Grizz...

The pics indicate some kind of build up on 3 surfaces...the base ring, and on both the electrode and ceramic opposite where the strap attaches. What condition does this suggest?
      Also, this article...
      How to read Racing Spark Plugs - Dragstuff
      indicates since there's no color change in the middle of the ground strap that there's some type of temp problem. Or does this not apply as the article is talking about racing spark plugs?
      Thanks
    • By bradleyheathhays
      I'm going into my '11 Grizz 700 to adjust valve clearance for the first time and when I button everything back up I'll be replacing all the gaskets / o-rings. The 5 I'll be replacing include (from the top down) both valve cover gaskets, cylinder head cover gasket, and the 2 gaskets in the crankcase cover.
      Do I need to coat these gaskets with motor oil before putting them on like when replacing your oil filter?
    • By sloundez
      Does anyone out there know where I can get a functional pair of wheel cylinders for subject ATV? Any suggestions welcomed. Thanks
    • By toonces
      Have a 2011 Grizz 700 and for the diff oil the manual calls for SAE 80 API GL-4 hypoid gear oil. I'll be using Mobil 1 synthetic but as it comes in two different weights I'm not sure which one to get....either the 75W-90 or the 75W-140.
      The 75W-90 is listed as GL-5 and is recommended for use in 'high-performance vehicles like SUVs, vans and light duty trucks.' The 75W-140 weight is also GL-5 and is recommended for 'high-performance vehicles including sport utility vehicles, vans and light-duty trucks.'