MiBassman

Viper 3500lb Winch on Honda Foreman update

10 posts in this topic

I want to thank everyone for the winch advise and suggestions. I ended up with a Viper 3500lb. The instalation wasn't to bad considering I've never installed one before. The wires were all color coded and their web site was very helpfull. I mounted a toggle switch under the seat so a kid or a novice rider can't accidently engage the winch. The winch works great and has way more power than I'll ever need. Any more power and I think it would stretch the frame. The only negative issue, and it's very minor; is the steel cable is a little too long. I'll be cutting off about 5 or 6 feet because it tends to bind up in the spool when almost fully spooled unless it's spooled perfecty even. Again, this is no big deal, the winch works great.

Thanks again to everyone who took time to respond when I asked for help.

Edited by Stoopidbot1
Wrong brand name

Good to hear. How much did you end up paying? Did you buy it on ebay? Any photos?

I edited your thread title a bit, to be more descriptive..:wink:

Ajmboy,

I paid $185.24 total from Moto Alliance web site. I called first to make sure it would fit and asked for the 5% discount. They were very helpfull and curtious. It arrived in about 4 or 5 days. I don't have any pictures, but it's snuggled away and still easy to get at for free spooling. It will hang my bike from a tree, and will pull trees out by the roots or break them off if I hook too high on them. It's already paid for itself twice pulling me out of muck holes in the swamp that were deeper than I thought. I'm very pleased with it.

Ajmboy,

I paid $185.24 total from Moto Alliance web site. I called first to make sure it would fit and asked for the 5% discount. They were very helpfull and curtious. It arrived in about 4 or 5 days. I don't have any pictures, but it's snuggled away and still easy to get at for free spooling. It will hang my bike from a tree, and will pull trees out by the roots or break them off if I hook too high on them. It's already paid for itself twice pulling me out of muck holes in the swamp that were deeper than I thought. I'm very pleased with it.

Thanks for the update! I just checked out the motoalliance web site. Looks like they have some viper plows that are @ $400 with installation kit.

Great review, thanks...

I edited all of the slip-ups so they all say VIPER now instead of Venom.

"....any future plans for the atv???" Only future plans for it right now is to hopefully take a few deer out of the woods with it ! And perhaps a plow.