BuckBilly

Touchy spark plugs on newer Honda utility quads.

5 posts in this topic

Found out on the Ruby you have to let it run no less than 7 minutes or the motor starts to warm up. It fouls out a $15 dollar plug. I know the Rubicon and Rincon use this plug. Do not know how many other models this affects. Also watch how long the choke is on. These plugs are real easy to foul out.

Found out on the Ruby you have to let it run no less than 7 minutes or the motor starts to warm up. It fouls out a $15 dollar plug. I know the Rubicon and Rincon use this plug. Do not know how many other models this affects. Also watch how long the choke is on. These plugs are real easy to foul out.

Good info. I'll have to tell my friend who has a Rubicon.

Do you have the spark plug # handy?

The replacement plug is a NGK Laser Iridium. The number is IJR7A97901. Not sure what the factory plug is.