josephnbl91

2005 Honda Rincon 650 4x4 not engaging

7 posts in this topic

Just went riding recently the four wheel drive worked perfectly fine for about an hour or two. then all of the sudden when i went to engage it again it would not engage the front diff. the light comes on but the four wheel drive will not. does anyone have any ideas about what could cause this? or has had this same problem before any help will be appreciated. thank you

There is probably an actuator located on the diff housing, I would check the wires and any relays in the circuit as well as the actuator itself. If the light comes on, that makes me think that the signal is getting sent at least to the light, but may not be getting all the way to the actuator.

thats what i had in mind its my dads four wheeler i just didnt get a chance to check it yet. i need to get it done before we go riding next week. thank you!

The shift is not going in all the way for some reason.....u gotta see whats causing that problem or it can be ur wires as well.....

definitely agreeing with DD on this one...check the wire...see if you get power to the front differential....have you heard any odd noises coming from the dif..i.e. grinding or clicking?

I also agree with DirtDemon, there must be a solenoid or actuator somewhere there. Get a wiring diagram. Do you have a manual?