FireTechFerrell

1995 Honda Fourtrax 300 4X4 Rear Brake Drum Issue

6 posts in this topic

help i need help getting off the rear brake drum im down to it and cant get it to break loss.

i heated it beatted and pryed. no luck is there a trick or something. :confused:

Please post the year of your machine. Do you have the cover off? There is a cover bolted on over the brake drum. If so, does the drum wiggle at all, or is it completely stuck? Make sure the brakes are completely released, you may try loosening the adjustment screws all the way. Also, there may be a dampener ring in the drum that is hanging up on the shoes. You may find a service manual to be of great help as well.

yes i have the cover off and the brake is released. I see that its on the splines of the shaft is there a puller that i need looks like its just froze. the bike looks to be a 95 fourtrax 300 4x4.

yes i have the cover off and the brake is released. I see that its on the splines of the shaft is there a puller that i need looks like its just froze. the bike looks to be a 95 fourtrax 300 4x4.

* Adjusted your thread title to include year and make, also issue.

Sometimes you need to use a hammer and give it a couple of good hits toward the center on the front of the drum, to free it off the spline, otherwise you may just have a seized bearing race and will need a small brake pulller that you can probably get at an autoparts store or Sears. If that's teh case, you will need to replace the bearing.

Actually, I'm not 100% sure on that model if the bearing is inside the drum or in a hub assembly...:confused:

Thanks for the info.. I used a large puller and alittle heat and off it came. Now im down to the brake shoes.

Glad to hear that you got it off!!!

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• By Kyboy
      Iam looking for help seperating the rear brake drum and the cover. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciate
    • By chuckcnm
      Hi, just picked up a MOTO 4 YFM255 and want to replace the rear brake pads. How do I get to the back. Guessing I need to remove the brake disk, question any easy way to do this?
      Thanks
    • By crazynordlander
      Hi All,
      I live in Minnesota and bought a 2016 CFORCE 500 HO. I am in hope to see if there is anyone in the US that is experiencing this sudden drop off in RPM below 4000 RPM. I have uploaded some videos of my issue on YouTube. I will list three of the four I posted. The fourth can be found on my channel but it is a comparison between my Polaris 570 and my CFORCE 500.
      I quit on my first dealer because we just did not mix well together. I brought it to another CFMOTO dealer that just became a CFMOTO dealer in January 2016. They are in a large ranch and agriculture area in a neighboring state that is pretty close to where I live. They have close to every brand available. They are a much larger dealer than the first one I bought the unit from.
      I brought the unit three weeks ago to them and they have worked on it a good solid week and have given up on it. I have read reports from owners in Canada that the dealers there were aware of the issue and have had success in fixing the herky jerky drivability issue.
      I am picking it up tomorrow and bringing it back home. It has been to the trails of the Black Hills this year and was new in late April. 300 miles on it. It has never changed. Very hard to ride on the trails or when I herd livestock.
      Here are the links to my videos.

I can't accept that this is normal operation. Does anyone from CFMOTO China scan these posts?
      I need help that CFMOTO USA has not provided.
      Thanks
      Kevin
    • By sloundez
      Does anyone out there know where I can get a functional pair of wheel cylinders for subject ATV? Any suggestions welcomed. Thanks