ericsloan

1993 Honda 300ex HELP!!!

8 posts in this topic

everything sounds ok spark ok when it is out of hole exhaust has pressure and suction at intake but will not start or fire even with starting fluid cannt figure it out and can not find service manual download free do not know if timing is ok can not figure out how to line up marks with out instruction

Please post the year of your machine so we can add it to the thread title. After you are done with that, pull off the stator cover and check to see it the flywheel key is sheared off.

sorry it is a 1993 trx 300 ex i have never worked on one which side is the stator?? will the timing marks be in the same place?

I believe it will be on the left hand side as you are sitting on the machine. There should be timing marks on the flywheel. There should be a bolt that sits over top of the stator that you can take off and see the flywheel, there should be timing marks on the flywheel, there should be a "T" that shows up in the hole where the bolt goes, that will tell you that the motor is at TDC.

thanks i will look and see does anyone know if a service manual is posted to download?

Good luck. I don't know where to find a PDF manual for that machine.

There should be a small dot or arrow on the outside ring of the sprocket.