machoman

1993 Honda 300EX lacks power.

8 posts in this topic

Recently inherited a 1993 Honda 300ex, it had been sitting in a garage for about 7 years. I replaced the gas, changed the oil, battery, removed the carb and cleaned it up (did not take apart though). Put it back together and it fired right up! However, it is very sluggish, not much power.

What should I do to get it running better?

Thanks,

I would start with pulling the carb back off and tearing into it and checking that your jets are clean. Maybe even getting a carburetor rebuild kit, they seem to be pretty cheap. Here is a good carburetor kit that I have found

Edited by dirtjunkie85

Thanks, guess I will start there, thanks for the link too, $23.99 cheap!

definately tear into the carb and rebuild it. Also, get yourself a modquad jet kit, intake, and exhaust and that thing should be keeping up the the 450s.

Keeping up with 450's might be pushing it but 400s is possible. Take the carb apart and make sure all of the jets are clean.

haha, yeah definately. Didnt really pay attention thought you had a 400 haha. my bad. But definatley get into the carb and jets. its worth checking out.

Hello there drknuts, I see that you are a fellow Washingtonian, what area are you from? I hail from Bonney Lake.