dirtjunkie85

Duro Powergrips VS. Maxxis Bighorns

7 posts in this topic

What is your opinion is it worth paying the extra $ for the name brand Maxxis Bighorns or would you save your $ and go with the off brand Duro Power Grips? They are both 6ply rated and both Radial tires does any one have either of these or have a opinion thanks!

They look almost the same, both are 6-ply, I would think that you would do alright by buying the Duros. If it were my decision, I would save some cash by going with the Duro tires.

Thanks for your info any of you have any suggestions on where to find the best price on them??

I've had both. This is the low down. Duro's are good tires for the price. Bighorns are a better tire for more. That's the bottom line. Bighorns have a tougher sidewall and are less prone to splitting on hard hits. Bighorns wear better. You will get 1000 more miles out of the Bighorn's. Duro's run small, and Bighorn's run big. A 25" Duro is 25" new and fully inflated. They have a 1" tall lug and when the Lug is half wore down you are running a 24" tire at that point. Not sure about the 25" Bighorn, but the 26" Bighorn runs 26.7 inches tall when new. Bighorn's run about $30 more per tire.