JasonB

2003 Suzuki ltz400 Cracked case

4 posts in this topic

I have an 03 ltz 400 that has a crack in the left engine case right by the shifter. Wanting to know if that is a common problem with the motor? Thanks!

It is a common problem on any machine that has thrown the chain. Check the shifter shaft for marks on the top that look like the chain has gouged into it, also check to see if the shaft is bent. I would recommend getting that crack welded up, if the part comes off completely, you will lose all your oil and I'm sure I don't need to tell you why that would be bad. Also, a good case saver will prevent things like that, and are a must on any chain driven machine IMO.

Most machines come with a half-ass sort of case saver, but they don't work that well. A good quality case saver is worth it's weight in gold. Here is a link to the ones that Rocky Mountain ATV has.

http://www.rockymountainatvmc.com/vehicleFilter.do?prevVehicleType=1&prevMake=7&prevModel=65&keyword=&vehicleTypeId=1&make=7&model=65&applyFilter=Change+Vehicle&year=2003&navTitle=Drive&webCatId=9&navType=type&webTypeId=68&uri=%2FtypeDetail.do

Edited by DirtDemon