mat1994

RAPTOR 700 or HONDA 450R?????????

72 posts in this topic

hey guys, hows it goin'? I've got a pretty big decision to make right now..at the moment I have a 2006 polaris 450 ( almost mint ) with brand new Mudlites on SS212 rims sitting in the garage. I out grew this ATV and i'm looking to buy a newer one. I really like the yamaha raptor 700 and the trx 450r from honda. I do not know wich one to buy!!! I am only gonna use the quad to go back and forth to the farm and go ridding with my friends in sand pits. I like a fast quad thats reliable. CAN ENYONE HELP ME DECIDE?????????

Well you are used to your 450, so the Honda will be a cool transistion. But if you want more power, then step it up to a 700 if you are ready. I personally would probably go with the 450 Honda.

Ive never been aboard a 450....I do have about 10 Hrs on my 700R....Power Everywhere...The only thing I dont like about it is the Extra Freakin Wheel and nothing is a Challenge anymore...:laugh:

thanks man, i have tried me friends yammy 700, and the power is perfect, so im thinking of going for the raptor...but a few of my friends are telling me to go with the honda, i still got like 2-3 weeks to think about it. wich one is better for trail ridding? and i love to go fast.

hahah ya man, i used top have a 3 wheeler, man their cool..but cops dont really like it when i ride it hahah, I live in town..thats why. but the 3 wheelers are the funnest thing to ride man :D

The 450 will beat the 700 stock vs. stock. Put a set of duals, intake, and EFI controller an dthe raptor is almost unbeatable. The 450 will requier an additional mod, a cam upgrade to be able to hang with the piped 700. The 700 will be easier to ride on the trails, it has taller gears. But if you know how to work the clutch and use your gears, the 450 is VERY fast on the trails. They are both completely different as far as ergonomics goes. The 700 sits up very high and feels tippy, the 450 feels nice and low center of gravity and well planted. As far as the tippy feeling goes that is a matter of opinion and riding style.

thanks man! you helped me alot, exept im not doing eny trails..im gonna be on dirt roads..and I live in town so i cant pipe it, but i can put an intake and EFI controler. your comment helped me alot man, THANKS!!

There are some companies that make aftermarket pipes that stay close to the same sound level as stock. The HMF 2010 Comp Series is an amazing pipe, it also comes with different inserts to control the sound level.

Let us know what you decide.

thats sick man, like I got to get up at 5:15 to go milk the cows...so i dont think a pipe is a good idea..unless there's one that just makes the sound deeper or something..

Stock sound is usually about 93db. HMF's most quiet tip is about 94db but a MUCH throatier sound.(deeper tone)

can you give me a link to where i can find one of these pipes....

Have you considered the Honda 700xx? See if you can test ride one. All I can say , is WOW!

Have you considered the Honda 700xx? See if you can test ride one. All I can say , is WOW!

Yay!! Your back!!! :yes:

no I have not considered it....maybe i should...but i dont like that it has the IRS, its too heavy.

the 700xx has IRS, i dont like that in a QUAD.
Have you ever riden a sport QUAD with IRS??? It's not like a utility quad. I realize it is heavier, but it does not feel like it's heavy. Edited by BuckBilly

ya but with IRS you cant really jump it, and its not that good for it when you pull wheelies and its not the best for drifting....and thats all the stuf I do lol. but maybe...I'll deff check it out man.

Here is my buddy on hiss 700XX at the MX track

IMG_1421.jpg

Here is him railing on some turns

IMG_1430.jpg

IMG_4434.jpg

IMG_4420.jpg

i dunno man.....i really want the honda, but Im affraid it wont be fast enough...