2004 Eiger 400 has no spark

2 posts in this topic

plug is fine, we've checked the stater, fly wheel, coil, ignition, and still can't get it to start I got a 400ltz CDI to try becuz we think its the CDI but when I plug the new one in it pops fuzes...can i use it or am i missing something else? any help would be appreciated

It probably pops fuses because the LTZ CDI is different than the one for the Eiger. Even if it did "work", it wouldn't run right because the LTZ probably has a much more aggressive timing curve.

Check the connection between the plug boot and coil wire, the boot should screw right off. Make sure there are good clean strands of wire at the end for the boot to get good contact with. Also, you might try tracing power from the battery, all the way throught the entire ignition system, make sure to check the key and kill switches. Check for loose connections, damaged wires and loose grounds.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• By Barrysquad
      Somehow I lost all of my spark on my 350Big Bear, its a 1990. It ran well for maybe 3 days! Thought it was the carb. Cleaned it 4 times. It was losing power at midrange. Got worse and worse. Finally nothing!
      Are these good coils? I was thinking I could swap?
      2002 Honda-200cc: primary 0.4(ohm-200) secondary 9.0(ohm20k)
      1990 Yamaha-350cc: primary 0.8 secondary 11.0
    • By izzydum1
      Any ideas on what would make a coil not fire? She was running fine, then began slow start. Now wont start at all.
    • By kiwisteve
      Hi Folks
      MY Ltf 400 has power and electric start turns motor over, but wont start...
      seems no spark
      im told stalled in paddock and wont start again
      any suggestions please
    • By Billie
      :confused:need a repair manual or help in what to look for thank you Bill
      for you muddober to make clear to you the neutral light and the gear light
      do not light up win shifting fuses are good Iuse my CAt for hunting im dissable the atv is my leag s thank you
    • By cbbubby78
      can someone tell me what could be the problem if the electric start doesn't turn the motor over but sparkplug fires like crazy but the pull rope turns the motor but no fire on spark plug. thanks for any advice in advance . cbbubby78