2002 arctic cat 500 timing

3 posts in this topic

need the instructions on setting the timing replaced the head on a 500 i bought which the previous owner ran low on oil and killed the head please help

What you need to do is spend the money and get a repair manual. Check ebay, you can find Clymer manuals all over the place there. $20-$30 is not that much for all the valuable info you get. I believe that a manual is an absolute must for anyone who works on their own machines. I don't know much about your machine, but there are a few users herer who seem to be pretty familar with Artic Cats, hopefully one of them chimes in with something for you. I would still get the manual though.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• By gregj49
      Blows out black smoke when you rev it up how do you adjust the carb?
    • By bradleyheathhays
      I'm going to check the valve clearance on my 2011 Grizz 700 for the first time and I'm also wanting to check the timing, but I'm not sure how to do it. What tool (light gun?) do I need for this job and how is it done?
    • By chevyboy
      AL righty I did some trading around this weekend and ended up picking up a few 4 wheelers for cheap. I ended up with this one for $500 in it total and well the guy told me it dropped a valve. I haven't really messed with it at all. But this weekend I am going to try and start working on it some to get it running before winter time frame. So what I am asking is a couple of questions.
      1. First off where do I start I tried pulling the pull cord and could not get it to move at all.
      2. I need to get a service manual for this 4 wheeler where can I get it downloaded for free?
      3. what do I need to look for and how do I go about this really. I do have experience with 4 wheelers but this one is a little different to me than others because its a V2 and I have no clue where to start internal on the engines. Most of my experience is on the outside portion of troubleshooting on theses wheelers.
      Please no smart butt answers as i am new to here but just wanted opinions on where to start. Please and thanks wink: