starchief1959

1987 Honda 250 Fourtrax Vacuum Lines

5 posts in this topic

Correct me right off the bat here if I'm wrong, I'm not sure if they're vacuum or breather lines. However, does anyone have a diagram of the lines? When I pulled the carb there were 2 lines that were not connected to anything. I did find a nipple on the frame next to the one for the diff breather line but again am unsure if these are breather or vacuum lines. A diagram would be great or if I could get pointed in the right direction.

I did run through all the Honda threads and didn't find anything. I also looked at exploded diargrams on parts websites, they just don't explain where these lines go.:confused:

Thanks in advance!

Am in the process of looking for a service manual that isn't a small fortune. I have the original owner's manual but it only has an electrical diagram, nothing for lines. Just trying to get it back together as soon as possible.

Check ebay for the service manual, the factory ones are a bit spendy, but worth it IMO, but another brand such as Clymer sells decent repair manuals for a decent price. As far as your problem goes, it would help to know exactly what TRX 250 you have, the 250R two stroke, or the TRX 250X or 250A both four strokes. Either way there are usually a couple of lines that come out of the carb and just hang open ended. One of them is going to come right off the bottom of the float bowl, that is to prevent the float bowl from aquiring a negative pressure state due to the vacuum created by the intake charge. There is usually an overflow line to let out excess fuel in the event that the float is improperly adjusted or stuck. The overflow tube should come off he left side of the carb. The two stroke carb will not have any vacuum lines, they are only for ventilation and fuel overflow.

It's the 250X and thanks for the help. I did get it figured out between your comments and a friend's comments.