jwernatl

03 suzuki Eiger Half Shaft Replacement

2 posts in this topic

Please Please any help -- I'm replaceing my right front half shaft and I dont know how to get the axle out...

I got the axle apart and pulled the entire unit away from the Quad - I have a complete axle to replace it. When I tapped the axle, it pulled everything away from the quad.

That's not what I wanted as the 'green egg' (that my axle slides into) came away from the differential I can't dis-attach it from my axle.

I pulled the boot back and can see the bearings in the 'green egg' but cant get the axle out of the green egg-- it wants to pull the bearings out and they wont come out either. (which is good) - I dont really want to pull that out/apart and mess with those. I wanted to pull the axle out and slip mine in.

How do I get that out???

There is a large internal snap ring just inside the housing, or "green egg" as you called it. You will need to take thie ring out, they can be a pain, but you should be able to get ahold of it and get it out with a couple of flathead screwdrivers. Once the snap ring is out, you will have to pull the internal part of the joint out with the bearing balls. Just be carfull not to drop them, they will be easy enough to put back in. Once you have the shaft and bearing center out of the housing, look on the far end behind the bearing center, there should be a small external circlip holding the bearing center on the shaft, once you get that circlip off the bearing center should slide right off the shaft.