pineknot

02 300 king quad

6 posts in this topic

Looking for a little insight for what appears to be a fuel issue. Quad starts fine and idles fine, however when riding, it will run fine for about 3 to 4 blocks and starts sputtering and dies. If you give it a couple of minutes it will fire back up and run fine for 3 to 4 blocks and the same thing occurs. Is it possible it would be the petcock is bad?

Thanks Pineknot

Edited by pineknot
lack of description

Thanks Is there any special way to clean the petcock filter tubes? Or can you check the petcock to see if it is not working properly?

You could put one of those clear in line filters in-between the petcock and the carb and watch it to see if the fuel stops flowing right before it shuts off.

Thanks for the suggestion, I'm really confused on this one. I pulled the line off from the carburetor and started the engine, fuel drizzled out in prime and pumped out in the on and reserve position. I've checked the vacuum line to the petcock and the vent line off the carburetor. I'm beginning to think i may have a weak diaphragm on the fuel pump. I'm not sure how to test the fuel pumps vacuum without special equipment. Open to any suggestions.

Thanks Pineknot