You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• By commander777
      can anyone tell me if power steering is on my utv?just got it and don't have any manuals w/ the side by side.it doesn't feel like it but was wondering.also,loud noise from underneath seems like.ive read a few posts where people have complained about the noise as well and the heat and dust coming up from the cockpit area.what u guys think.any advice.thanks
    • By DrTWT
      Hi everyone,
      I am an emergency physician and I'm writing a chapter on ATV injuries for a Wilderness Medicine textbook (here's the link to the previous edition if you're interested.)
      I am asking for your help for photographs for the chapter. Here's what I need:
      1) Photos of different types of ATVs
      2) Photos of these ATVs in action
      3) Photos of these ATVs crashing
      4) Photos of injuries that occurred as a result of these crashes. If you have copies of the x-rays or CT scans that were obtained due to these injuries, all the better.
      I do not stand to profit from these images whatsoever. I don't get paid to write the chapter, nor do I receive any royalties from the book sales. All I get is an electronic copy of the book. Thus, I can't offer you any type of remuneration for the photos, but if I use one of your pics I can email you a .pdf of the photo in the chapter once it is published. Also, I can credit you in the book, e.g. "Photo courtesy of John Doe."
      Needless to say, you'll have to consent to the photo and your likeness to be reproduced in the book-- no worries, no lawyers or fancy paperwork involved.
      You can email the photos directly to photorequest2015@gmail.com, or PM me if needed.
      Thanks so much in advance for your help!
    • By Gunny
      Put this short video together using part of several video's I've already uploaded in the past. But this time I've changed some things up try'in to make it more interesting.
      This is actually like three video's in one. The first section shows some photo's & I used the sound track I used on another video that looks a like this one.
      The middle section, also uses the same tunes in a like video, however, I've changed a few of the clips and sequences up.
      The final second of video's I changed the tune to a fun time playful type tune which makes me laugh every time I watch it.
      Now, the video on Youtube is blocked in Germany, so I've added a Vimeo link if there are any members from that country or if anyone has a problem watch'in the Youtuber version.
      Make sure you watch it in 1080p on Youtube & Vimeo shows it in HD automatically.
      Hope you all enjoy it !!
      [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ns5ivnadXms]23 Jun 2013 Rid'in My Can Am Video Clips - YouTube[/ame]
      And at Vimeo ....
    • By Gunny
      Been busy the last little while finishing a bathroom for the wife while the dealer did some work on my Can-Am. Before you say, "What the hell did ya take it to the dealer for ??" ...... let me finish my "What Have YOU Done for Your ATV Today ??" report .......
      When I took the tracks off, I noticed both the front and the rear diff seals were leaking and there a pin hole in the front inner CV boot down inside one of the boot creases ... so, after talking to the dealer (who BTW, seems to ALWAYS treat me right) said he could have it all fixed in a couple hours once he had the parts in hand. So I took it in and first, he ordered two diff seals right ?? ... Well BRP in their infinite wisdom, thought that must be a mistake & only sent ONE seal .... so after the other seal comes in they start the work and when the pull the front axle to change that boot .... the CV joint fell apart !! They said they had never seen that before, there was plenty of grease in the boot, so ... ?? ..... Anyway, they ordered a new one .... under warranty !! ........ Now is THAT cool or what !!?? .... So I wait a few more days to get my bike fixed ... and in the mean time, I had been ordering stuff !!
      First, I bought several 15 ft rolls of the DEI Titanium Header Wrap and Re-Double-Wrapped my header pipes. The old DEI header wrap was 2yrs old & it just kinda fell apart and came off in pieces and some had just burnt away too.

Next, I had heard about a "High Performance Water Pump Impeller" for the Can-Am's but I could NOT find out where to buy one. After about a year of searching, I found out they're made in Czechoslovakia. I contacted the guy but he didn't want to send just one because he said shipping would be expensive. Then I found a guy who has been making frames for that guy & said he would order a batch next time he did a shipment ... but I have no idea when that would be. So, asking around again and making some more phone calls, I found a performance shop in Canada that had some ... it was a lot more ... but I ordered one anyway. This impeller is suppose to move 40% more water. And you might ask, "Did I Really Need It ??" ....... and my reply is, "What a silly question !!"
      After taking the stock plastic one out, I noticed some of the vanes look pretty beat up. Not sure if that's the way it was new, or if the heat was breaking it down ??

While my bike was down, I spent some time talking with my dealer about suspension and shocks. I told him I really wanted to get some Elka's, but didn't want to spend a ton of cash. He told me he was a dealer for Fox shocks already and he would call Elka to see what it would take to become an Elka shock dealer as well. So, two days later, he gives me a call and told me was now a dealer for Elka shocks and that he would give me a good deal if I wanted to order a set. So I make a mad dash down to the dealer & order a set of Stage 2+R's. And boy, did he give me a GREAT deal !!
      And with these shocks I knew the Rubberdown Lift I had wouldn't work (at the rear anyway), so I ordered a Highlifter Lift Kit.

After all that work, I greased it, changed the tranny and engine oil & filter. Now all I have left to do is install the skid plates, gas her up ........ AND GO FOR A RIDE !! :partyc:
    • By Bajarider
      Just happened to find a Can-Am BRP dealer in town, so you know I had to check it out! They only had Outlanders, and some Jet skis, and you better believe they weren't cheap. I don't think that just over 28,000 USD for an Outlander is a good deal! After chatting with the sales people, they let me know that they had only sold two of the quads so far. They had no idea where someone could ride them and since there are not too many pickups or trailers, there is no way to get them from one place to another without hiring a rollback truck. Seems like a little too much trouble for me.