newf

1999 Suzuki Kingquad 300 High RPM Engine Rev

5 posts in this topic

i have a problem with my bike and woundering if anyone can help me out.

the bike is a 1999 300 king quad 4x4 and it starts fine but after a min it starts to rev up at a high rpm.any idieas

Edited by newf

My best guess is that you have an intake air leak. You are sucking extra air in somewhere, easiest way to track down an air leak is to spray carb cleaner all around the carb and motor, while listening for changes in the engine speed. When you hear the motor react, you have found a leak. I will be moving this thread to the Suzuki forum and changing the title, please post the year of your machine so I can add that to the title as well.

Were you able to solve your problem?

* Added issues to your thread title for better searches.

yes the problem was solved.i had to take it to the shop and they said the valve was to tight and adjusted the carb,runs like a top now,thanks

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• By Jers
      I need to know what I have and what tire really go on it, Mine has 24x11x10 on the back and 22x8x10 on the front and I need new tire but I don't think are the right size. Also I can't find the model number listed but it looks like a 250 quadrunner 2wd and I think it is a 1987 maybe, can anyone help me, also I it has a rich running sound and I put a carb diap in it and cleaned the carb. is there a jet needing replaced?
    • By katasha2
      I took apart the carburator to clean out and I can't remember exactly where the springs that are inside the float are supposed to go I've tried to look up schematics but I think I am missing a spring maybe need helpt:confused::confused:
    • By evlsnke
      loud clicking, snapping noise under load when accelerating.
    • By deadrider
      I have a kq 450 4x4 that I an have a problem with.the bike does not want to move.i am not very familiar with the sheave or clutch that it has on it.my buddy who owned it beat on it prolly never maintained it just so that's out there. The belt is fairly new primary and secondary clutchs are pretty ruff looking the rollers are toast I think but idk. Everything moves fine except for the primary it moves but does not push in to move the belt only at a high rpm will it move sometimes any clue on what it could be other then going out to spend 6 or 7 hundred on a whole new assembly of the clutchs
    • By Jesper
      Hi guys
      Does anyone have a link to a service manual for the 2008 KingQuad fs 400 4x4.
      I would be very happy to get my hands on a file
      Thanks. :-)