toadman

2005 Suzuki Eiger Brake light stays on

10 posts in this topic

I have a 2005 Suzuki Eiger that the brake light is on all the time. It comes on as soon as the key is turned on. Any ideas?

There are switches on the brake levers, if you move one of the brake levers back and forth slightly, you should be able to hear a click. That is the brake light switch. My first guess would be that one of those switches is stuck. It could be as simple as backing off an adjustment, or maybe the switch just needs to be replaced.

Thanks for the reply. I located the two switches on the hand brake levers. Didn't find the one for the foot brake. Would it hurt anything to spray a little WD40 in the switch?

1 would use electrimotive cleaner and then lube it with some spray dielectric grease. i would not be surprised if the switch causing the problem is the one @ the foot brake.

Once again thanks for helping. I checked the hand levers when the problem first showed up but there didn't seem to be any problem. I haven't been able to look for the foot pedal switch yet but that may be the culprit. I will try to locate that switch on Friday as that will be my first opportunity.

There should be two springs attatched to the brake pedal, one is a return spring for the pedal, the other pulls the brake light switch.

i agree with dd. the spring that pulls the switch out to turn the light on will most likely be loose when the pedal is in the released position.

My friend had this issue with his 2003 Eiger one time when we went riding. It was at the foot pedal, the switch wasn't working properly.

* Added year, make, and mode, to thread title.

The foot pedal switch was the problem. Just took a little adjustment and is working OK now. Thanks.