1995 app Suzuki LTF250 Starting Problem

2 posts in this topic

I use my ATV for harrowing a horse sand school. Last week engine stopped 15 minutes in use. Re-started twice but just loss power within seconds. Finally would not re-start.

Stripped and checked carb. Replaced plug. Will not start - any ideas?

Using 4wd and mid range gear. It has always started well with charged battery.

You first need to determine what is missing from the equation; spark, fuel, or compression. Take the plug out, and ground it to the motor while turning it over, look for a strong blue spark. If you have spark, see how well it starts with starting fluid. If it fires easily with the fluid, you may have a fuel problem. You may just have bad gas, or it could be a blockage in the fuel system, a failing fuel pump, or bad vacuum signal line to the fuel pump. Take the line off the carb coming from the fuel pump and turn the motor over, see if any fuel comes out. If you can't find a problem with the spark or the fuel delivery, then you may need to do a compression test. I would certainly get yourself a good repair manual to start.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• By Jers
      I need to know what I have and what tire really go on it, Mine has 24x11x10 on the back and 22x8x10 on the front and I need new tire but I don't think are the right size. Also I can't find the model number listed but it looks like a 250 quadrunner 2wd and I think it is a 1987 maybe, can anyone help me, also I it has a rich running sound and I put a carb diap in it and cleaned the carb. is there a jet needing replaced?
    • By ut1w7b
      I have a 94 sportsman 400. It sat for several years before i got it. I have cleaned the carb it will start and run for about 5 min then it will flood. I have torn it down and cant see anything wrong. has anyone else ran into this problem any hel would be great.
    • By kingjosk12
      A week ago I could not even get close to starting it. But now I adjusted the valves (exhaust valve was not closed). i got it running but would not run without choke. i adjusted the float because it was to low tried starting it up again and it would not even start. So i went back and looked at the valves and the valve was now open again so i adjusted it and it started right up and ran perfect without choke. So i put it all back together thinking it was ready to go. Started it up and let it run for a little bit. i turned it off and tried starting it again there was NOTHING. took it apart and there was 0 compression and the exhaust valve was open again. I am completely lost need help PLEASE!!!:aargh:
    • By evlsnke
      loud clicking, snapping noise under load when accelerating.
    • By dblbassdrumer
      [/ame] only when u pull back in the clutch does it make this noise and wanna take off