1998 Suzuki Kingquad clutch adjustment

4 posts in this topic

does anyone know how to adjust a clutch on a 1980s quadrunner 250 or 1998 kingquad 300? all help is appreciated. thanks.

The clutches are pretty much the same on both those machines, my guess is that there is really no adjustment procedure for them. Clutch adjusments usually pertain to manual clutches and sometimes belt drive systems. I think you are looking at more of a repair or replcace scenario if you are having clutch problems. What exactly are the problems that you are having? I'll be changing the thread title a little for more specific search response.

Take them apart and inspect the clutches, could be worn plates, discs or springs, could just be that things need to be cleaned up. The best way to figure it out is to actually look at the clutches.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• By Jers
      I need to know what I have and what tire really go on it, Mine has 24x11x10 on the back and 22x8x10 on the front and I need new tire but I don't think are the right size. Also I can't find the model number listed but it looks like a 250 quadrunner 2wd and I think it is a 1987 maybe, can anyone help me, also I it has a rich running sound and I put a carb diap in it and cleaned the carb. is there a jet needing replaced?
    • By Snowden
      Hi everyone,
      I have a question, if the starter clutch gear looks fine but is still not working correctly then all I should need to replace is the one way bearing, right?
    • By mallen14
      Looking for anybody who can point me towards a free service manual for 1998 Big Bear 350. I found the sticky thread but all the links, from 2012, no longer work. If anybody has one please let me know. Thanks
    • By evlsnke
      loud clicking, snapping noise under load when accelerating.
    • By deadrider
      I have a kq 450 4x4 that I an have a problem with.the bike does not want to move.i am not very familiar with the sheave or clutch that it has on it.my buddy who owned it beat on it prolly never maintained it just so that's out there. The belt is fairly new primary and secondary clutchs are pretty ruff looking the rollers are toast I think but idk. Everything moves fine except for the primary it moves but does not push in to move the belt only at a high rpm will it move sometimes any clue on what it could be other then going out to spend 6 or 7 hundred on a whole new assembly of the clutchs