Fourtrax_300

Honda Fourtrax 300 swing arm bolt came off

4 posts in this topic

I was driving down the road with my Honda Fourtrax 300cc when one of the bolts came off the swinarm. And i got two new bolts comeing to put on it and when i put it back together should i use locktite on the threads so the bolts don't come off again or what should i do.

Yes, I would use red Loctite on the swingarm nut. Also make sure that the nut is torqued down properly. I had the same thing happen, and I almost lost the swingarm, after the nut fell off, the bolt worked itself almost half way out. I was running wide open if 5th gear down a paved road, when I stopped, I saw the swingarm bolt sticking out. I got a new nut, and put plenty of red Loctite on the bolt, hasn't come loose since, and this is on a CR 500 powered quad that vibrates parts off constantly.

Like DD said..Locktite works wonders, but make sure that you are not using an old crush nut if equipped with one. If it is, replace that nut.

* Added manufacturer and model to your thread title.

well when the bolt came off it was raceing down the road and i did not seen where it stop and when i took the swinarm off to rebuild the engine i replace the bearings i put grease zerks on it because the grease was like engine sludge

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• By sloundez
      Does anyone out there know where I can get a functional pair of wheel cylinders for subject ATV? Any suggestions welcomed. Thanks
    • By marcuslachance
      I
      I bought a Honda 250sx 1986 but the exhaust is broken. Apparently it's not possible to order a new one. I checked to order one on others compagny but there's noting.
      Do you know which exhaust it's possible to install. Is there a company who sold an exaust to fit on my 250sx.
      Sorry for my english
      Thank you
      Marc
    • By Npeters
      Im working on a old 1987 honda 125 4 wheeler in the school shop. It will start by getting pulled by another 4 wheeler but wont start with the pull start or Electric Start. When you pull start it it tries to start but when you try the electric start it just turns over but doesnt even act like it wants to start. The spark plug is dry and it shoots fuel out of the back(air filter side) of the carb. Weve had the carb off twice and it is complety clean. What are some things we can try?
    • By Blue
      Hey all I have a question on my 94 fourtrax 4x4. The electric start won't work. When I hit the button I hear the solenoid clicking but nothing happening. I put on a new solenoid and same thing happened. So I took off starter and checked it, brushes looked good nothing looked out of the ordinary. My battery is putting out 11.2 volts. I wouldn't think that would be it since I put a newer battery in from my other quad and still got same results. Any ideas I'm scratching my head on this one.