88 250 quad runner timing marks

3 posts in this topic

hello i really need timing marks for a 88 suzuki quad runner 250lt anybody have any info could you please let me know thank you.

Welcome to QUADCRAZY! Usually there are little marks like dots on the sprockets for the cam and crank. Hopefully someone here has a diagram for you. Might look something like this:

pull the top head off and you will get to the cam and the timing chain. make sur the motor is top dead center on compression stroke. the on the cam chain gear is 2 lines . line them up with the head and it should be timed.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• By bradleyheathhays
      I'm going to check the valve clearance on my 2011 Grizz 700 for the first time and I'm also wanting to check the timing, but I'm not sure how to do it. What tool (light gun?) do I need for this job and how is it done?
    • By Travo
      Can anyone help with routing the hoses on a lt250 carb hose routing? Manual doesn't really specify much, and pictures are lacking in it
      Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk
    • By skgw1
      Feul pump went out. Replaced. At times quad cuts out like its not getting gas. Saw article on new pump needs to be calibrated. Told how to go into a service mode. Does not tell how to calibrate after going into mode. Can anyone shed light on this procedure.
    • By katasha2
      I took apart the carburator to clean out and I can't remember exactly where the springs that are inside the float are supposed to go I've tried to look up schematics but I think I am missing a spring maybe need helpt:confused::confused:
    • By bogman
      Hi, does anyone know where to find the timing marks on the camshaft and how to orient them? I found the line on the crank and lined it up with the arrow on the case, but the only marks I can see on the cam are on the very end where the black plastic cap is. Are these the timing marks and if so how do you line them up?