Fourtrax_300

1992 Honda Fourtrax TRX300A Carb

13 posts in this topic

what can i do to my carb on my 1992 Honda Fourtrax TRX300A to make it push more fuel because i got a aftermarkt CDI box on it and it has no top end and it is getting really hot because lack of fuel

The CDI does nothing to your air/fuel ratio. You need to pull your spark plug and see what it looks like. Black= too rich, white= too lean, and tan is perfect. You can change jets inside your carb to add more fuel

How longs it been since you changed it? Maybe try getting a new one and doing a plug chop to get a true reading. Or at the very least wire brush the one you have and chop it. If its still black your getting too much fuel, go down in jet size.

If your plug is black, that's too rich not too lean.

air filter clean? good fuel? It's not getting enuf air for the fuel it's trying to burn.

maintenance and a new spark plug will prob help you a bunch!

we have to start at the beginning, but we can do it.

Another thing you might want to check for is intake air leaks, if you are pulling extra air from somewhere around the carb it will make the machine run lean. If there are leaks, they need to be fixed before doing anything else.

A carb rebuild kit couldn't hurt I suppose, but did you check for any air leaks around the intake boot? Did you do any plug chops? And if your running rich, I'd suggest a jet change if you cannot pinpoint any air leaks.

Yes, I completely agree with, RMH, you need to figure out exactly what the problem is before you start trying to fix it.

Hope you have around $175 to blow...thats approx. the rate I charge people for cleaning, tuning, and jetting a carb. I think you could iron this out if you just provided a little more information to us. Were you able to find any air leaks? Did you try a new plug chop? Adjust your f/a screw any? Move the clip on your needle? Also what jets are in it? Whats your elevation?