globalfastener

grinding on my lt-a500f quad master

8 posts in this topic

I have a quad master that runs and drives, but makes this awful grinding noise from what seems to be the right side of the engine. Even when the unit is in neutral, you can hear the noise when you throttle up.

any thoughts on this before i start tearing into this thing?

WE need a ZOOK mechanic! I don't know enuf to advise but will ask around for ya!

Sorry, but my experience is with Yamaha and Honda. I don't know much about Zooks. I'm sure we'll see a Suzuki tech on here before long.... hang in there.

Since you get the noise even when the machine is in neutral, I would think that the clutches and belts would be a good place to start looking for problems.

could be the tail shaft bearing on the transmission. suzuki quadmasters are known for that kind of issue. the best way to diagnose that is to do process of elimination. i wouls start @ the pull start assembly and remove it. check around and then start the engine.

could be the tail shaft bearing on the transmission. suzuki quadmasters are known for that kind of issue. the best way to diagnose that is to do process of elimination. i wouls start @ the pull start assembly and remove it. check around and then start the engine.

Seems like that wouldn't make any noise unless it was in gear and trying to move, he said it makes the noise in neutral too. I have seen other members have the problem you are talking about though, it is quite common on those machines