Mudlite's VS Mudzilla

6 posts in this topic

Hey all, I'm considering changing up the stock bologna skins that came on my 550 Grizzly for something a little more beefer and better for mud. I don't do a lot of mud at the moment - but there are times...

My brother has Maxxis Mudzilla's on his Grizzly and is really happy with those. I've found that they do raise the center of gravity and tend to make the bike feel a little less stable. Maybe that would be just my getting used to it... He has a 700 Grizzly

When looking around on forums quite a few people recommend the Mudlite XTR's praising the tire's ability in the mud and the long lasting wear of the tire.

Does anyone have any thoughts? Could you suggest another tire that I should be looking at? Most of my riding is trail riding but I do encounter mud.

I plan to also use the bike quite often in the winter snow as well.

Edited by Keywil
additional information

When I bought my Mud Pro it came stock with 28"x9" Zilla's. Really happy with them. With the narrow profile and aggressive tread pattern, they dig in untill they find traction, and also work the same way in deep snow. They also ride nice on the hard pack, with the overlapping tread pattern.

So I was pricing out tires and my Yammy dealer had a set of Mudlite XTR's on black SS rims... They're gonna look great on the bike. Hope they handle as well they will look.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• By extremerider
      I would like to replace my ATV Tires after the winter season and go off roading. What brand should I go for? I would like to find something affordable yet durable.
    • By Ajmboy
      Got a new set of QUADBOSS QBT447 Utility Tires w/Scoville Boss Wheels!
      This article is actually my machine, take a moment to read: QUADBOSS QBT447 Utility Tires w/Scoville Boss Wheels » QUADCRAZY ATV Articles

Ill be sending more in for the write up as we go through the winter and I get her out on the trail.
    • By Scubasonic
      Have a 2015 Outlander Can Am Max 1000 XT 2up want to put Bighorns on it but they dont make em for the size ATV came with which is F 26X8X12 B 26X10X12 will the bighorns work with no issues they are F 26X9X12 B 26X12X12 little wider
    • By quadville
      Has anyone tried the GPS XII Run Flat tires. We just got a set for hunting season and these are the best thing I have ever seen. If your looking for a tire that you don't have to worry about flats this is the tire. We have purchased many different brands for our machines over the years and nothing like these ever. A little on the pricy side but I have to say well worth every penny.
    • By captpfd
      I own a stock 2002 Beartracker with 10" rims. I found a set of new take-offs wheels and tires from a Grizzly that are 12". Was told they would fit. Got them home and the right rear tire hits the muffler. all others fit fine. Any ideas or options. Can the ATV be lifted a few inch to make the new wheels work?