1986 Honda TRX 70 carb settings need help

2 posts in this topic

bought a little 70 last year for my kids and it only runs ok with choke full on. as soon as choke is off it wants to die. have been trying to adjust carb settings and now runs with choke off but always seems to want to die after letting off gas. please help!!!!!!!

I am going to move this to the Honda forum since this is more of a techincal problem post than the beginning of a project. Feel free to post a project thread if you like, tell us how it started, post before and after pics, update on any progress, stuff like that. BTW, I responded to your message, you can reply to me directly if you like, but there are alot of smart people here one of our new moderators has been a Honda and Yamaha tech for years. So you may have better luck posting in this forum so that we can get some other brains in on the action.

I also noticed that there is a stickied thread in this forum with some manual downloads, it would be worth a few minutes of your time to browse through the list and see if he has the one you need.

Edited by DirtDemon

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• By sloundez
      Does anyone out there know where I can get a functional pair of wheel cylinders for subject ATV? Any suggestions welcomed. Thanks
    • By Travo
      Can anyone help with routing the hoses on a lt250 carb hose routing? Manual doesn't really specify much, and pictures are lacking in it
      Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk
    • By marcuslachance
      I bought a Honda 250sx 1986 but the exhaust is broken. Apparently it's not possible to order a new one. I checked to order one on others compagny but there's noting.
      Do you know which exhaust it's possible to install. Is there a company who sold an exaust to fit on my 250sx.
      Sorry for my english
      Thank you
    • By Npeters
      Im working on a old 1987 honda 125 4 wheeler in the school shop. It will start by getting pulled by another 4 wheeler but wont start with the pull start or Electric Start. When you pull start it it tries to start but when you try the electric start it just turns over but doesnt even act like it wants to start. The spark plug is dry and it shoots fuel out of the back(air filter side) of the carb. Weve had the carb off twice and it is complety clean. What are some things we can try?
    • By Gadget44
      got it running new cdi coil and stator will idle good but when u give it throttle it will take off but then will bog down but if you put it on jack stand in the rear it will rev up good with the tires spinning only bogs under load have removed carb and cleaned did find that the pilot jet was clogged and cleaned it main jet is clear and open any ideas