quad_king_300

2006 rubicon swap with a trx400 forrman motor

2 posts in this topic

i got a 2006 trx500 rubicon with gps, but the top end is completely blown(head, cylinder piston,all broken) i not sure if the trans works anymore? i do have a foreman 400 motor, and was wondering if it is possible to do the swap. the engine design looks similar like engine mount location. the thing i am worried about is how similar are the output shafts? i know the 400 is not powerful, but its better than no quad, or parting out for a few buck$$$.

what are your guys opinion should i attempt it? or is it a pipe dream:aargh:

Well, it sounds to me like the motor has to come out of the quad anyway. I would take it out, and compare everything side by side and make you decision based on what you see. Alot of those Honda utility motors are identical, and they have been generally the same for years. You may even be able to swap parts inside the gearbox to make it match up with your quad. If your 400 motor is sitting there doing nothing, and the other one is junk, I don't see what you have to lose by just checking it out, and seeing how it will work. Good luck to you, whatever you decide.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• By Kyboy
      Iam looking for help seperating the rear brake drum and the cover. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciate
    • By kiwisteve
      Hi Folks
      MY Ltf 400 has power and electric start turns motor over, but wont start...
      seems no spark
      im told stalled in paddock and wont start again
      any suggestions please
    • By pickytar
      I have a Chinese Hybird 250 or that's what I was told it was. I found 17 numbers on the frame. Will these numbers tell me exactly what it is that I have? (I know that its a 2006 from a plate on the front)
    • By tmaterman
      Hi guys! First post here...bought a Bruin, as mentioned above from a buddy. It had been parked for a few years at his house..unused. Bought it from him at a steal and put a battery in it, new gas, etc...fired right up. It is cutting out now, but I suppose that is just the carb/fuel system needs a good cleaning. Ordered a new carb and hope that gets it going good!
    • By Rshotwell
      i have a 2006 arctic cat 250 that's keeps burning up coils. The lead wire to the coil actually gets so warm that it glows red and melts. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance!