fishingstar

2005 Suzuki King Quad 700 Starting Problems

17 posts in this topic

just brought this home today. my son was riding it for a hour or so. he stoped to help me with move things around in the shed. it sat for 15 to 20 min. could not get it started.

put it on a charger for a hour and got it started by playing with the throtle. my son rode it

for a half hour went down a hill it backfired and killed didn't get it started. it seemed to start fine when cold.

thanks for the help

Dan

after posting this I whent out to take the charger off and I tryed it and it started.

This thing didn't get used much and the last owner said he last used it for deer hunting

I'm hopping it's bad gas. I put some sea foam in the tank.

Dan

If it is bad gas, it would be best to drain the tank, and maybe put some seafoam in with the fresh gas to try and help clean things out. I would say you need to clean out the carb, but your machine is fuel injected, so you may be having problems with the FI not wanting to work because you are having problems with the battery, the charging system, or bad connections. I would check all of your electrical connections and make sure they are secure and make sure the battery is full. If not, top it off with distilled water, and try giving it another charge and see if it helps. If your battery is not in top shape, the FI will not work. If you keep having to put it on a charger after that to get it to start, then you most likely need to replace the battery. Good luck.

just brought this home today. my son was riding it for a hour or so. he stoped to help me with move things around in the shed. it sat for 15 to 20 min. could not get it started.

put it on a charger for a hour and got it started by playing with the throtle. my son rode it

for a half hour went down a hill it backfired and killed didn't get it started. it seemed to start fine when cold.

thanks for the help

Dan

HELLO YOU WILL FIND THERE IS A RECALL ON THE ECM BOX UNDER THE SEAT . TAKE IT AND THE VIN TO THE DEALER HE SHOULD BE ABLE TO REPLACE FREE FROM SUZUKI .THIS COMPUTER WILL BE FOR A 750 CC BUT WILL WORK PERFECT. I HAD THE SAME PROBLEM LAST SOMER AND SUZUKI REPLACE NO CHARGE . YOU CAN INSTALL IT YOUR SELF JUST BE SHURE YOU UN PLUG THE BATTERY UNTILL NEW ONE IS INSTALLED . GOOD LOCK AND TELL ME HOW YOU MAKE OUT BOBTHEBUILDER

EMAIL bobplacegeneralrepair@gmail.com

Called a dealer today and he suggested the battery. I asked about the recalls and just said steering and throttle seal and they had been done. I think the ecm has been replace with a

pro jet power commander 111 or 3. Is this the same part or is't this the ecm?

Back to the battery I did put a load tester on it and it came up week and the it tested 12.54.

Thanks for your help I have been out of this sense the day of my tri-z

Dan

Called a dealer today and he suggested the battery. I asked about the recalls and just said steering and throttle seal and they had been done. I think the ecm has been replace with a

pro jet power commander 111 or 3. Is this the same part or is't this the ecm?

Back to the battery I did put a load tester on it and it came up week and the it tested 12.54.

Thanks for your help I have been out of this sense the day of my tri-z

Dan

you will find it is a defective cdi unit mine was and meny others i talked two had the same problem . see if you can try a friends cdi to check it out .

dealer called and said it only has only 105 psi.

thats what I get for getting somthing on craigs list

Dan

That sucks, if you are cabable and/or willing, you may want to do the engine rebuild yourself or maybe have a trusted friend do it. If you have the dealer fix it, there is no telling how much it could end up costing. Good luck with everything, I hope you can get it fixed without giving up your first born.

dealer called and said it only has only 105 psi.

thats what I get for getting somthing on craigs list

Dan

That sucks. I had a 2005 Suzuki King Quad 700, great machine.

* Added manufacturer and issue into thread title.

i had the same thing happen to mine turned it off sit for 10 min tried to start again and it wouldnt fire, pulled the air filter and sprayed starter fluid in there if fired up but reved to the sky so i shut it off, i replaced the plug and gas, i can get it to fire after about 10 second of turning over but still revs really high like full throttle open, i dont know where to go from here, any suggestions?

It may be the fuel pump/injector/pressure regulator or cdi like mentioned earlier in the thread. You have the fuel injected version, right?

yes its fuel injected, where do i go about starting, i have pulled the plastics off and have found the fuel pump, fuel tank and am about to take that off ive dislocated the gas line from the pump and it seems clean, should i pull the fuel line and follow it to the fuel rail and check the injectior? should i pull the fuel pump and look inside the canister? ive never had any type of problem like this and im trying to trouble shoot the issue by looking at forums any help would be appreciated.

check the tps you can find how to do it on line. you have to jump a plug and it will give a read out on the screen. stop using starting fluid

Dan

where the air intake connects to the throttle body there was a gap where it must have vibrated off, i think it was reving high because computer thought it was getting tons of air thus giving it tons of gas and making it rev super high.... problem fixed though thanks