1992 Kawasaki 300 bayou 4x4

3 posts in this topic

so i bought this atv,needs a muffler,picked up a cobra muffler cheap ,do i need to rejet the carb,also i see that there is a CHAMBER-PREMUFFLER can i eliminate it

Depends on the backprsssure of the cobra muffler. You will need to check with them. Do they have a site?

Congrats on the atv!

* Added manufacturer to thread title.

thank u for info ,whent to there site could not find any info ,so i cut the pre muffler off and welded the hole ,repacked the cobra muffler with just pink insulation ,started it ran fine but a little loud,went and got some muffler mat packing ,will be packing the muffler with ss wool and then the muffler packing,hopeing that will not be as load

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• By brad1
      I have a 2003 Bayou 250. Suddenly, it won't start with the start switch. No clicking, no neutral light on. It will pull start fine. The battery is new. Any idea what to look at first? Thanks.
    • By izzydum1
      Any ideas on what would make a coil not fire? She was running fine, then began slow start. Now wont start at all.
    • By katasha2
      I took apart the carburator to clean out and I can't remember exactly where the springs that are inside the float are supposed to go I've tried to look up schematics but I think I am missing a spring maybe need helpt:confused::confused:
    • By mmgood
      Just bought a 1987 bayou 185 frame and body great shape but have to rebuild motor does any one here have a manual for a 1987 kawasaki bayou 185 ? if you you do please let me know.
    • By Beb1041
      Looking for a download of a manual