Quantcast

2000 Yamaha Warrior 350 clutch slip/hard to find neutral and reverse...

crash25016

Hello, I am new to this forum but not new to riding or working on things. anywho. I have a 2000 yamaha warrior that the last time i went for a ride about an hour into the ride the clutch started to slip in 3rd, 4th, 5th, 6th gear :mad: . clutch cable had proper amount of play in it. I am running 10w 30 synthetic blend diesel oil (better anti-wear properties then gas oil) in it. Also when it is hat it wont go into neutral easy i have to shut it off or use my hand and its a pain getting it in and out of reverse. Would a new clutch fix all that or is there more to it that im not seeing. I took the cover off and roughed up the surface of each clutch disk and put it back together. Everything looked fine to my eye. The friction disks still had enough material on them so that they would not slip (in my opinion or so i thought). Any info on how to fix this or if i just simply need a new clutch would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

It should. Im just using diesel oil because it has better anti-wear properties then regular oil so it will help the clutch last longer among other things such as bearings and what have you. I also just got the quad a month ago and this problem just arose today which is pretty much the first time i had the quad on a decent ride and when i got it i changed the oil and filter and anything else that needed to be replaced.

your anti-wear additives are your problem.

Use motorcycle or quad oil- only that. ATV oil has friction modifers in it to make the wet clutch system work- car oil coats the plates and does exactly what you have described. Also, ATV oil is formulated for much higher heat since many quads and bikes are way hotter then even a diesel truck that's water cooled.

Go to the dealer and buy the right oil- hopefully your clutch plates are not ruined but no guarantees there.

Hopefully the problem will go away after you change to the right oil- if not, replace the clutch plates...

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Forum Topics

• By McG75
      1996 4x4 Timberwolf rearend width. Can someone with some knowledge of these machines answer this question for me please. Are all 4x4 timberwolves this narrow in the rearend? These tires are so close the right one actually rubs the muffler.  Thinking about seeing if there are any spacers out there for it. I need at least an inch more clearance. 

• By BruceG
      Hi guys. I have a problem where the quad will start and run well for about 5 minutes and then it dies. On inspection the airbox has oil in it (quite a lot). The oil is pumping through the cylinder head breather hose. This problem first happened suddenly. I have since done the top end including, piston, gaskets, rings and valves. I have also done the carb (not that I thought that this was the problem). The compression seems normal. The only thing that I can think of, is that I did not grind the valves well enough. Anyone experienced this? If so, how did you fix it? Any other thoughts?
    • By ResQ91
      Hi Guys!

New member and could really use your advice. I would have to believe this has been an issue for others but a search here came up with nothing......? (Probably me not doing search correctly)

I have an 87 Big Bear 350 YFM350FWT
      The OEM Mikuni BTM carb is shot and would rather replace than rebuild.
      It is no longer made and I have had good luck with NICHE carbs so I ordered a #K-CRB-0006 This was what they said was replacement when ordered. This Carb only uses 1 Throttle cable. The Slide is linked so it uses one. (OEM had 2nd cable coming through top to move slide)

Problem is when I ordered a replacement Cable from NICHE (#C-CBL-0061) the Cable wire is a little short, not allowing Throttle to return all the way down to Idle position. I called NICHE and they are at a loss. Haven't gotten back to me after 2+ weeks.

What would you recommend other than a carb rebuild?
      Can I just use 1 of the OEM cables (It is the right length) and snip/disconnect the other that went to top of Carb for Slide?
      Or ??

Thanks in advance for any advice you have!!

Dave
    • By skittle021
      So I've got a Hisun 550 that I was doing some work on that required removing the CVT and it's housing. Upon attempting to reinstall the clutch, sheaves, etc, I found that the belt no longer fits - it's far too wide. None of the parts have been replaced, they're all OEM. Exactly the same parts as what I took off a few weeks ago.
      To be more specific, my belt is 1.25in wide, but the gap between the clutch and the primary sheave is only 7/8in wide. I'll include a few photos to explain.
      Has anyone ever experienced such a bizarre problem? Any help at all would be appreciated, I've been stuck on this for a month. I'm open to just about any suggestion.
      Photos: 

• By Gwbarm
      I have been exploring all the options available, so many, its hard to choose. I have kind of narrowed it down to the Honda Pilot, Subaru Outback, and Kind of looking at the Outlander, although its a little small,  the new one is nice looking. Just wondering if anyone has any recommendations or gripes with any of these rides. I have driven Jeeps for the past 25  years and they have been great, but their price point has gotten to high. Expieriences good or bad would be helpful. Thanks!