rocketracing350

rattling noise in 07 rancher 420

4 posts in this topic

my bike started making a rattling noise after drowning it out in water. i thought it was the timing chain tensioner, so i replaced it. that wasnt it. so i pulled the centrifugal clutch off, thinking it was that, but it still made the noise. i then took off the secondary clutch to isolate the noise even more thinking it may be the crank, and the noise stopped. so i know it is not the motor or the centrifical clutch. DOES ANYONE KNOW WHAT ELSE IT COULD BE. IF SO PLEASE HELP.

i would probably rebuild the secondary clutch or re-adjustit if possible. sound like it has loose parts.

i found the noise. i isolated the tranny from the motor. i used a drill with a socket and turned the tranny without the machine running and it made the noise. i pulled it apart and had a bad shift fork and gear. but thanks for the info.

almost impossible to diagnose without hearing it- I'm happy you found it!

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• By warkcol
      I am having an issue where it sounds like the gears are slipping if I hit the throttle really hard and also after letting off when the engine brake is applied. Also, the drive train that goes to the front also rides again the gear shift box. I will attach pictures and a video here shortly.
      Thanks in advance!
      [ame]
      [/ame]https://postimg.org/image/cdlu6fza9/
    • By killer420
      I know this has been talked about, so i did some research.
      After my research, i started buying parts.
      Here are the parts you need:
      51380-HP7-A00, left front upper control arm
      51370-HP7-A00, right front upper control arm
      51350-HP5-600, right front lower control arm
      51360-HP5-600, left front lower control arm
      44615-HP5-600, front drive hubs (need 2)
      53521-HP5-600, tie rods (need 2, this is just the adjuster rod, not the tie-rod ends)
      51200-HP5-600, right steering knuckle
      51250-HP5-600, left steering knuckle
      53235-HP5-600, steering arm (connects the tie rod ends to the steering shaft)
      23611-HP5-600, "final shaft", goes inside the engine, provides power to front and rear driveshafts)
      40400-HP5-600, front driveshaft
      44250-HP7-A31, right front axle
      44350-HP7-A31, left front axle
      11300-HP5-000, front crankcase cover
      50350-HP5-600, front differential support bracket
      41400-HP5-A50, front differential unit
      You also need the 4wd shift lever and the cable that connects it to the differential. there is not a part number for the whole assembly, just look on ebay. thats where i got mine.
      Now on to the good part, the turning of wrenches:
      Here is the engine before removal:

after removal:

front differential in position:

^^^notice the "TRX420TM" decal, indicating 2wd
      Here is a pic of the "final shaft", comparing the 2wd (in my hand) to the 4wd (in the engine).

^This is the most difficult part of this conversion, removing and opening the engine to swap out this shaft. However, there is a lovely video on youtube showing how to rebuild this engine and they clearly show the steps to remove/replace the rear cover and final shaft. Dont forget to remove the front cover before installing the new shaft, it will not fit thru the 2wd front cover.
      link to video>:
      once the new shaft is installed:

you will need to install the front and rear covers using sealant, make sure all shims/washers and o-rings are in place in the correct locations referencing the video above.
      here is the right front corner mostly assembled:

and fully assembled with hub, rotor, and brake caliper:

I do have more pictures to upload, when i have more time i will update this further
    • By cprservices
      Does anyone on here have a 2013 honda rancher? I have had several Honda ranchers in the past but I bought this 2013 rancher and it hits the rev limiter at half throttle. It is very annoying and I was wondering if anyone else's Rancher does this. If this is something from the factory or if I have a problem or not just trying to figure it out. Any help would be appreciated
    • By romeju
      My son has 2007 Honda rancher 420 with fuel injection. We just got it out of the shop for several repairs. Now sometimes it will not start but the fuel injection light blinks and then you come back later and it fires up he can ride for a while , park it and then it will start again and again but by the end of the day it will not start again. The fuel injection light stays on while he is riding. I am hoping that it is something maybe I can fix without having to take back to shop again. Any help would be appreciated. When he rides he does fine just every now ang again it will not start.
    • By shanes1031
      Im loking at buying this atv, owner said when he put in gear and drove it that it made a grinding noise so they parked it, said he has the rear end off but hasnt taken it apart yet, sounds like bearings any other ideas? Very nice shape can get for 600