honda400exrider42

400ex - bad cam?

5 posts in this topic

Hey, im not sure if the cam is even screwed or not, I need to have it checked out.(there is a piece that seems to be a little loose near the cam sprocket) But the wheeler still ran like a bastard before I tore it down, so im not sure. But if the cam is bad, and I decide to buy a stage one or stage two hot cam, are there any other mods that have to be done to the quad to install the new hot cam, or can I put it in, set my timing, and be good to go?

Thanks

Just so you know. The XR400 cam will fit the 400EX. The stock XR400 cam is about the same as a Hot Cams stage 1. You do not need anything extra to install a stage 1 cam. Anything higher will probably require hardened rockers.

Just so you know. The XR400 cam will fit the 400EX. The stock XR400 cam is about the same as a Hot Cams stage 1. You do not need anything extra to install a stage 1 cam. Anything higher will probably require hardened rockers.

Thanks, not really sure if it needs replacing or not yet, the wheeler ran great before i tore it down(I dont even know how, one side of my piston was toast :P) ill have the cam checked out, thanks.