charles9403

2004 Honda Rancher TRX400 Battery

5 posts in this topic

I bought a new after market battery for my 2004 Honda Rancher TRX400 a few months ago. it started and ran fine. I tried to crank it today and the power would not even come on. I took the battery out and took it to the parts store and they tested it and said it was good and just needed to be charged. They charged it, and I put it back in and hooked it up. It still does not get any power and lights dont even come on. Does anyone known what the problem may be??? Stumped in Mississippi

Welcome to QUADCRAZY. Check all of your connections. Take a tester out and start testing for power outside the battery.

* Chaged your thread title, you had put your username for a title. :biggrin:

Start at the battery checking both pos (+) and ground (-) making sure all connections are tight and clean. The gounnd should go to the frame close by, then follow the pos(+) cable checking for tightness and cleaning all connnections if it goes into a solenoid figure how to energize it to keep following the path every direction it goes. This sounds like a of checking but is the only way to find where the power isn't going.