chris111179

1999 arctic cat 300 4x4 upgrades

2 posts in this topic

I have a 1999 artic cat 300 4x4 and was wondering how i could get some more speed out of it, i havent found any pipes will fit, i do have a uni air filter, it works great in 4x4 for bushwackin. but not much on the speed and touque department, except in low it has good power thanks! Also is their anything that i can do to make it more mud friendly? Larger Tires? Lift kit? thats what i really bought this machine for mudding and deep water, is thier any way to build or buy gaurds for the front diff so when stuff hits it it dosnt break somthing.

On some of the later models they were doing a stock muffler mod by adding another exhaust port to the stock muffler. Here is an example of a moded 300.

"for the muffler mod, i cut off both ends, drilled some 3/8" holes in the first baffle, completely removed the rear baffle and installed a larger exhaust outlet."

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zqESLN2MrYU]YouTube - Arctic Cat 300 muffler mod[/ame]

Edited by swampcat07
Added link to vid

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• By Flyman
      Good morning all I am new to the forum and new to the world of ATVs. I recently purchased a 99 big bear 350 4x4 that has a few issues to be resolved. it started with the push button starter it would just click when the button was pushed to date I have replaced the solenoid with a Napa 4 wire setup (not sure if this is installed correctly) and replaced the older baterry with a AGM battery. after all of that it still clicks but the source of the click is a white plastic rectangular box with 2 wires going into it. i have 12.8 volts to the first post of the solenoid and nothing on the second post when the button is pushed. when the solenoid is jumped the starter engages. lastly i have no lights when the buggy is not running and when i hit the light switch there is also a click that happens. Thanks for any info anyone can provide I greatly appreciate the help.
      Flyman
    • By RichUncleSkeleton
      Hello
      Just signed up, as I've had a recurring problem, and need some help.
      To start the bike I have to put the choke on all the way and 4 squeezes on the gas, Then as I push the start, I slow squeeze the throttle about half way for it to catch....If I miss it, then it will take 5 mins of slowly finding the sweetspot on the choke in unison with some throttle squeezes.
      Then I have to to hold the throttle to keep the bike going, using the choke will stall it out. after about 3 mins of holding the throttle, I then can let it go, and it idles fine, and runs fine. If it sits for a few hours it's only slightly hard to start, but a few days of sitting, and it's a lot more work.
      Had the bike serviced they couldn't figure it out. They swapped peticock, plug, new gas, all new lines, new throttle, and cable. Said the carb was fine, and clean. New air filter, said fuel pump was fine, no leaks around carb boots, new battery, new rectifier.
      Ran some sea foam through it....Runs Great.....Just such a pain to start...
      Thanks
    • By oldcomet
      Morning Folks
      Ok so I have taken the front hubs apart everything is good and working fluids changed and full In 2 wheel drive the bike works great However in 4 wheel drive high I get a grinding clunking noise right near the foot pegs The universals are all brand new in the complete bike The problem just started after my last ride Sometimes I have to change the rpm to get the bike to go into gear in forward and reverse The bike doesn't make the grinding noise when I have the bike in 4 wheel driver low gear only in high gear Could the shifter need adjusting any help would be great Thanks for your time
      Oldcomet
    • By Ccnyv
      Just bought this quad and it is in pretty good shape.
      It is missing a small plastic piece right above the headlamp cover right in front of handle bars. Does anybody know where I can find this piece?
      Now the CV axle. The left inner CV boot is ripped and wheel hesitates when making a sharp turn in that direction. I am trying to find a replacement or a fix, but have been recieving different suggestions for the fix.
      First one was buy a replacement CV axle. Second said to that the inner was it's own build and that if you ought a CV axle it would only e a half shaft. Just confused and need some guidence.
      Thank you guys!
    • By vedder37
      Title says it all. When I researched part it shows it does not exist anymore, discontinued. What can I do to stop the leak? Is there somewhere else I should be looking for part? The leak is coming from where shifter goes through seal, not around outside of seal between case and seal.
      Thanks.